I know bob-lee is leaving today and I know she is on shift, so I know its going to be a tough day for her as the person that she shares her heart with is heading back to Texas, that also means she will be back to living with herself and the pack...its such a shame I remember the first time these two where together and they have something that's so special to them and only to them, I hope shift will help to distract her today.

Kelly's POV

As I was walking in, I saw Dylan was just sitting in her car looking out just holding back a little before she jumped out, as I was distracted I didn't even hear Capp say good morning until he waved his hand in my face, then he asked, "you good Lieutenant?" I then replied "oh yeah I am fine, just wondering why Dylan was sitting in her car that's all.. but yeah all is good Capp." Then Capp said, "oh yeah she has been sitting there for awhile actually she arrived not long after me and tony but she's just been sitting there watching us all arrive basically."

So then I replied back "oh right, is it me or would say that's an odd behaviour?" as we walked into the locker room, I then heard Herman ask "whats this odd behaviour?" and so then I explained to him what I was on about, and then Dylan walked in and looked at everyone and said "whats up boys?, everyone good?" I was the first to reply, "yeah we are good, aren't we lads!" and they all got the hint and so then they all replied and eventually went off, which gave me a chance to speak to Dylan but before I could ask her whats going on....

Bell rings out through the firehouse – Ambo 61 – young adult down – (address)

And with that Dylan drops everything runs straight out to meet Brett at the ambo and then they were off.

Time skip:

We where cleaning out the firetrucks and testing the equipment when the ambo rolled back into the house, Casey headed over to check on them and to see what type of call they had and the girls said it was a decent call nothing to major a pretty good first call of shift, but I kept an eye on Dylan as I had feeling something was up with her, I just didn't know what but I wasn't just me who had noticed this sort off offish behaviour.... I wonder if Jay knows whats up, might just drop him a message, thinking about it.

Before we all knew it, lunchtime came about, and as we finished packing up and tidying the floor we headed into the common room, this was finally my chance to check in with Dylan, but Herman got there first.

Dylan's POV

As now it was lunch time, the rest of the house entered the common room as I sat down, minding my own business, when I heard a plate land in front of me and as I looked up I see Herman take the seat across from me and as soon as he sat he asked, " hey kiddo, whats going on?" and I gave him a blank look back and before I had the chance to open my mouth, Capp stepped in as he sat down next to Herman, "umm yeah you have been more quite than usual and plus you sat in your car for a while before heading in?"

Then I realized everyone had gone quiet and they were all waiting for my reply and with that I sat back in my chair and I finally opened my mouth and I said "oh... well... yeah... umm right, it's just I had to say goodbye to Bob-lee this morning....and I don't know when I will next see him and I guess I am just caught up in my head that's all-sorry guys!" then Herman reached over and touched my arm and said "well at least we now know whats on your mind kiddo, but I am guessing that's not the only thing on your mind right now, but what ever the other thing Is just so you know we are all here if need an ear or a hug, as I cant be easy saying goodbye to true love..."

Then I said back "wait true love??.. yeah true love that's differently what it feels like but he lives in Texas and I don't currently live there...."

The bells rung out throughout the house – truck 81, squad 3, engine 51 and ambo 61 – car pileup on highway 47.

So before anyone had the chance to question me or even ask what I meant by 'currently not living there', the call came in and we all headed out to the call.

As me and Brett arrive on scene there was five car pile-up there where already to other ambo's working the crash, and there also another truck service there too, and as their Captain filled me and Brett in on what going on and where we need to go.

Then the rest of the house turned up and head off to help the victims and before we knew it, me and Brett where racing to Med with a patient, I was driving and Brett was in the back you see I had been trained in tactical driving when I was in the marines, which makes me epic at driving by the way, and as I was driving, my head started to fill with the thoughts about... going back to the south...and I started to think what would I do for a job?.... would re-sign with the fire department? Or would I just work the ranch with bob-lee..... or I could go back to the military service and train cadets.

My thoughts never distract me though when I am driving I am fully focused even if my brain is occupied with something else, we reached Med and handed the patient over to the team then we headed back to the house and that's when Brett looked over to me and asked, "hey Phoenix?" and I go "yes, Brett?"..... then there was silence for some time before she piped up and said, "what did you mean when you said earlier ' currently not living there?'......she then carried on to say, "it just sounds like you might have something to talk about and I know I am not the one you usually lean on for these things but can I give you some advice Dylan."

I then nodded in response, she noted my nod and proceed to say "if your heart has gone home to the south then you should follow your heart home too, what you have with bob-lee is something unique and you share this connection and its beautiful, and yes we your Chicago family will miss you dearly but you can always come back and visit us, sure that means I have to get a new partner but I can understand that you don't want to be here if he isn't here."

After she was finished with her speech I looked at her out the corner of my eye and said to Brett "wow thank you Brett for the advice, that's what I needed to hear and also I do lean on you more than you have realized, I just need some time to think things over first.. "

Then we arrived back to the house just as the trucks were arriving back, we were all tired from that last call, it was a super busy one and so the house fell on silence, it was so peaceful.... Then I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket, I looked at the screen to see bob-lee's face and I started to smile... and so I headed out the building to the bench and answered the call....