Adam x Reader Imagine: Brother's Best Friend

This imagine was requested by @Eringibbons1

Y/n POV:
"Look my best friend, Adam is coming over and I just don't want you all over him" Charlie scolded. "Ugh, fine! I promise that I'll leave the two of you alone tonight" I said while crossing my fingers behind my back. Charlie turned me around and saw my crossed fingers. "Uh-huh...look, you can say hi, but that's it" Charlie said. I huffed and walked to my room and shut the door. I blew off some steam by writing in my diary:

April 6, 1996~
Dear Diary,
I'm so upset right now. ADAM BANKS (A.K.A my dream boy) is going to be here for a sleepover with my big brother. Charlie told me to stay away from him, which is SO unfair! I'll just pop in, say hi, and get a snack. I'm sure Charlie won't mind....right?

As I finished writing in my diary, there was a knock on the front door. 'Oh my gosh, it's ADAM!' I said to myself. I cracked my door open, hoping to get a glimpse of him, and sighed at the sight of him. 'He's such a dreamboat~' I said to myself. I leave my room and walk to the kitchen. Adam and Charlie saw me walking. Surprisingly, Adam was happy to see me. "Hey, Y/n! Wow! I haven't seen you since we were kids" he exclaimed. "Okay, okay. No need to get so excited over my baby sister" Charlie said, embarrassing me. "I'm only a year younger, leave me alone" I said. "Whatever. Make yourself useful and get us some snacks, bAbY sIsTeR" Charlie teased. "Haha...get your own, bIg BwOdEr" I teased back. Adam laughed at our sibling antics. I walked into the kitchen, while looking dreamily at Adam, and bumped into the doorframe. Charlie was laughing and Adam helped me up when I fell. "Oh my gosh! Are you okay, Y/n?" Adam asked. "Oh! I am, thank you!" I exclaimed. We looked down at our hands and blushed. We let go and tried to make conversation. "So...how've you been since then?" I asked. "I've been alright. I've broken my wrist a couple of times, hehe" Adam chuckled. My eyes widened, for I've heard these stories about his wrist being broken. "Don't worry, I'm okay now!" He assured.

Charlie POV:
I can't stand it when any of my guy friends talk to my sister, I really can't. They try to get with her, then they break her heart, and then I lash out at them. I just don't want her to get hurt. It's my job as her older brother to protect her. At least Adam doesn't seem to be trying so hard, and it's not like he'll just start liking Y/n out of the blue.

Adam POV:
I can see that Charlie's not happy about me talking to his sister, but who can blame him? He just needs to learn to let go and let her grow up. I tried to make conversation with Y/n. She's really grown up to be so pretty, but I don't know if I would even have a chance with her. Does she even like me in that way, or does she just see me as another older brother? I don't know.

Y/n POV:
Adam is sooooooooooo cute! I just wanna give him a million kisses! Even though I've only seen him when he was playing at my brother's games with him, his amazing playing really caught my attention. I'm honestly worried that he just sees me as the little sister he never had. After we talked for a bit, there was an awkward silence. I looked away in shyness, and he did too. Charlie then butts in and interrupts. "Hate to interrupt, but Adam and I have a sleepover to enjoy...alone" he said while pulling Adam away. "We'll talk later" I mouth to Adam. He gives me a thumbs up.

3rd Person POV:
Charlie and Adam went up to Charlie's room and left Y/n alone downstairs. She decided to just stay downstairs and watch some T.V. She picked up the remote and turned it on. 'At least I have the T.V. all to myself' she said to herself. As she was switching through the channels, she saw that her favorite show was on. "Yes!" Y/n exclaimed to herself. As she was watching, she heard Adam telling Charlie he was going to the bathroom. He walked downstairs with a set of pajamas in-hand. "Oh! Hey, Adam!" Y/n exclaimed. "Hey, Y/n" Adam said while blushing. There was that awkward silence again. "So...Cake Eater, huh? Is that your nickname from Charlie?" Y/n asked. "It was an insult from your brother's team, but it just became my nickname over time hehe" Adam chuckled. Y/n and Adam chuckled at his nickname and got to know each other more. "Hey, Adam, can I tell you something important?" "Sure, Y/n, what's up?" "I've actually always had a pretty big crush on you since we were kids. I just didn't know how to tell you without making it seem weird because I'm just a little kid that happens to like my older brother's best friend" Y/n confessed. Adam just smiled at her and made a confession of his own. "Wow, I honestly had no idea. To tell you the truth, I've always kinda felt the same way. I just didn't want to go against Charlie's wishes because he's so protective over you" he said. Y/n hugged him and he hugged back. "How're we gonna keep this a secret from Charlie? He'll be livid if he finds out" Y/n said. "We'll figure something out" Adam said. They looked into each other's eyes and kissed. They pulled away after a few minutes and blushed. They snuggled up on the couch and watched some T.V. Charlie came downstairs while calling for Adam. "Hey, Cake Eater, everything alright? I got your toothbrush and toothpaste and wanted to-" Charlie said but stopped abruptly after catching his best friend and his sister snuggling. "Oh shit..." Y/n and Adam said in unison. Charlie dragged Adam back upstairs while nagging at him. Y/n blew him a kiss while he was being dragged away. 'What a dreamboat' Y/n said to herself.

I'm terribly sorry about the delay, and I really hope you enjoy this imagine :3