Die A Happy Man - Jesse Hall

"If I get never get to see the northern lights or I never get to see the Eiffel Tower at night if all I've got is your hand in my hand then I can die a happy man" play softly on the morning after our wedding.

The first day as husband and wife.

I smiled at that. From Jesse playing pewee hockey and myself being a figure skater to being a Olympic figure skater and huge name in hockey.

I remember the day we meet

" Come on Y/N, you can nail the triple axel turn if you practice " my coach screamed at me as I was on the far side of the rink.

I went for it, went for it, then failed.

I groaned super frustrated.

" I'm never going to be able to do it. I give up. I'm never going to be able to go to the Olympics"

All I heard out of no where was " if you give up you won't know where you could end up".

I turned and saw a boy around my age standing there with his hockey gear.

I tired again. Went for it. went for it. went for it. Failed again. I got up and tired again.

Twenty tried later I finally landed it.

" I did it! I did it! I did it!" I smiled. When I looked back he was gone.

~~~~~

2 years later

" Jesse no stay away" I said running away from him on the beach laughing.

" I will catch you and you will go into the water with me" he said catching up to me picking me up and putting me over his shoulder".

He ran into the water and said " if you don't want me to drop you then say that's I'm the best person in the world and you'd be my girlfriend".

I laughed and said " is this your way of asking me to be your girlfriend Jesse Hall".

" Maybe" he said smiling.

" Jesse Hall is the best person in the world and I'm your girlfriend" I said.

" Mmm not conving enough" he said and dropped me in the water.

I popped back up and said " oh your gonna get it now" and our splashing war broke out.

----- 9 months later ---

Tears steamed down my face as I sobbed.

" I swear to you I didn't do it. I didn't cheat on you" Jesse said trying to come closer

I backed up and said as sobs escaped my mouth" there's evidence Jesse. There's proof. Your can't lie your way out of this".

" Y/N please. I need you to believe me. I didn't do it. That's my brother Terry" he said trying to come close again.

I backed up to where I was now flush with the wall " It's not him. It's you. If you didn't want to be with me why did you ask me to be your girlfriend".

He said finally stepping in front of me " because I want to be with you. I love you. I promise I didn't cheat and that's not me".

" What. What did you say" I said wiping my eyes.

" I love you. Y/N I love you" he said look straight in my eyes and didn't even break eye contact. " I love you"

I knew he didn't do it by the way he looked at me. I just hugged him and mumbled " I love you too" back.