Not so Unaffected

"Are you copying me?"

Now that wasn't something Midoriya had expected to hear.

"What?"

"With the whole...Gathering-in-a-nostalgic-place." Midoriya snorted as Bakugo smirked at him pompously. Midoriya let out a long, sarcastically defeated sigh as he shrugged.

"Maybe. But I mean, you gotta leave me a chance to call you out somewhere as well, you know?" Midoriya glanced at Bakugo with a small smirk of his own, and Bakugo scoffed, the smirk still on his face as both teenagers continued to walk, both, even Bakugo, knowing where they were going.

"Do you think the gum is still there?" Bakugo asked as the two walked into the familiar park, little children chasing each other and parents calling out to them to be careful. So familiar. That was something that the former villain and soon-to-be pro had been once.

"We can check, can't we?" Midoriya beamed as he spoke, the park suddenly seeming much more familiar than it had seconds ago. Now, he could see the park in his child's eyes, and the path seemed so familiar, he knew he couldn't keep up the cool pace. And so he ran.

Grabbing Bakugo's hand and yanking him after himself, Midoriya sprinted, Bakugo stumbling for a second before laughing sharply as he began running himself, quickly catching up to Midoriya.

"Race you to the bench!" Bakugo roared as he began to outrun Midoriya, who laughed loudly before picking up pace.

After several yelps from women with strollers, a few grunts of curses from some older men, and supportive whoops from children, the two finally caught sight of the familiar bench on the edge of park, partially covered in mold and cracked. Old and familiar. Although, despite the nostalgic twinge in Midoriya's chest, Midoriya ran even faster, grinning as he gradually began to catch up with Bakugo, who quickly glanced at him, a wild grin on his face as Midoriya caught up with him, now running by his side...

Before either teenagers had time to realize what was going on though, Midoriya barely had time to yelp as he plunged forward, crashing into Bakugo who was slightly ahead of him and knocking them both down. There was a barely audible crack, and both boys gasped as they contacted the ground. 

"Fuck..." Bakugo groaned as he touched his forehead, seeing blood on his fingers. He turned towards Midoriya, but before he had time to say anything, his eyes widened in shock and disbelief as a stomach-churning sight finally cleared in front of him.

Midoriya was laying on the ground, eyelids slightly twitching as if trying to shut them tighter, his mouth slightly agape and breathing heavily as his body slowly began to move, Midoriya placing his arm underneath him to try and stand up.

"Izuku–" Bakugo grunted as he turned his body towards Midoriya, head, chest, and legs throbbing from the impact, although all forgotten as he leaned moved towards Midoriya, managing to get to closer to his side. "Shit. Izuku, you hear me?" A groan sounded, most likely a response, although it was half-hearted and a painful twitch and a sharp breath was all it took for Bakugo to understand that Midoriya wasn't going anywhere without his help.

"'m fine...I've gott'n m' nose br'ken 'fore. 's no b'g deal." Midoriya managed as he placed his hands at his sides, slowly lifting himself up before pushing himself jerkily and sitting himself on his knees, cupping his nose as Bakugo frowned at him. He wanted to help the greenette, but he wasn't about to force him to lie back down when he was already sitting, and besides, he wasn't his damn babysitter. The guilt didn't stop from blossoming though.

"We gotta at least get you to a hospital, or Recovery Girl. Your broken nose isn't going to heal properly by its–" Bakugo was cut-off by a crack, and his eyes widened as Midoriya sniffed, putting his hand away from his nose. "Did you just...?" Bakugo muttered as he gaped at Midoriya in shock, although he couldn't help the goosebumps as he realized what the male had just done.