There is Still a Chance

Everything had been really difficult.

Because Midoriya was considered dead, and all of his documents, passports, and whatever else that proved his existence were deactivated, he had to recreate all his documents. Which, to be honest, was really, really, difficult and time consuming. Although, Midoriya had gotten some good news too. Luckily for Midoriya and Bakugo, Mitsuki had agreed on taking custody over Midoriya, although it was temporary. The authorities and the Bakugos still needed to figure out what to do with the supposedly dead child, and how they could help him start a new life. Although, out of all the possibilities that passed through the greenette's head, the final answer was the least — no, not expected at all by Midoriya.

"I'll be taking custody over you, Midoriya."

Shouta Aizawa, or better known to Midoriya as the pro hero EraserHead, had told him out of the blue as he sat in the kitchen, both Midoriya's temporary parents at work, and Bakugo in school. Midoriya gaped at his friend's teacher, before smiling and chuckling quietly, pouring Aizawa tea he had been preparing before Aizawa had spoken.

"Very funny, Mr. Aizawa." Midoriya stated, his voice slightly amused at the strange joke. But as Midoriya glanced at the hero's face, his smile wavered and his eyes fixated on the serious, red eyes, and he realized that it may not be a joke after all. His eyes widened and he straightened, looking away from Aizawa as he walked hesitantly to get himself a cup as well, rethinking what Aizawa had just said. Could I have misheard? He thought anxiously as he gnawed on his lip, ripping off some of its skin as a habit and feeling the usual taste of blood in his mouth.

"First off, no, I'm not lying about custody. Nezu had requested one of the heroes does it, so that you'll be in the right hands and protected. And besides, he would've taken custody over you himself, but since he's an animal, he's been having quite issues with that. Second off, if you agree with me having custody over you," He quickly clarified as he glanced at Midoriya, hinting at him that he had a choice, "You'll be attending UA's general course, although, depending on how well you do, the extra lessons you will be assigned, since you skipped a lot of school, will be cancelled and you may even be transferred to another course to your liking." Midoriya blinked at him, still not comprehending that the underground hero EraserHead had volunteered to take custody over him, a child whom he hadn't known until the day in the hospital a little over a month ago, and one that was visibly traumatized at that. Does he even understand how much of a burden I'd be? Is he really serious?!

"And I repeat, yes, I really am taking custody over you. A permanent one at that, since we couldn't contact any of your relatives, including your father." Aizawa, as if reading his mind, stated. Midoriya nodded slightly, ignoring the statement about his dad as he acknowledged what was going on.

"Um...I...So I'll be..." Midoriya stopped, realizing he wasn't speaking properly, and tried to force himself to form his sentences correctly, not wanting to embarrass himself even more than he already had. Aizawa looked at him patiently, but Midoriya still felt uncomfortable with having to make someone as important as him. "I'll be attending UA's general course?" He clarified stupidly, still not believing it. He gritted his teeth angrily at himself for asking such obvious questions, but Aizawa nodded assuringly and put on a small smirk.

"Although...And do know that I'm not supposed to say this, but I've been dealing with lots of problem children, and I am somewhat...Infected by the way they think right now," Aizawa started, looking away thoughtfully as his smirk widened a little, "Depending on whether or not you'll be able to win the sports festival that was transferred to the end of this year instead of the beginning, you may be transferred to the hero course. To Bakugo. I heard of your dream to become a duo, and I think...It's a good idea, especially knowing Bakugo." Midoriya's eyes widened as he realized what he meant, and couldn't hold back the grin that unexpectedly appeared on his usually monotone or shy face.