The Path to Gaining Freedom

Bakugo slowly opened his eyes as he felt all his body ache, but in particular, his neck, head, and...Shoulder.

Bakugo slowly moved his head towards his left shoulder, holding back his voice as the pain in his neck and head flared up even more, and finally, he faced his injured shoulder. His vision was still blurry, and he blinked as he tried to clear it, until finally, he could see the...

Bakugo furrowed his brows in confusion. He could see the torn fabric of his PE uniform, but he could also see something white covering the place where his wound was supposed to be. As a matter of fact, that white was slightly pink, and reminded Bakugo that the injury was in fact real. The thing is, if those were bandages and Bakugo wasn't going insane, who wrapped up his wound?

"Bakugo?" Bakugo flinched and quickly turned towards the voice, only to let out a small hiss muffled by the clog that appeared to still be in his mouth behind the metal mask. He blinked a few times to clear the static from his eyes, and finally managed to focus on the male in front of him.

His eyes widened beyond recognition as Midoriya shifted on his spot in front of Bakugo uncomfortably, holding a tray with food in his hands as he kept on glancing at Bakugo before looking back at the floor.

"I...I brought food...And Shigaraki gave me permission to take of your mask as long as you don't yell...So can you..." Midoriya mumbled before trailing off, looking away from Bakugo as he scratched the edges of the tray nervously. Bakugo gaped at the greenette, who despite wearing a cap and a clinical mask he could recognize with ease. He couldn't help but feel sickening guilt of being so helpless when Midoriya was right there, when it was his duty to save him, but he knew that he couldn't do anything, especially not in the state he was in now.

So instead, Bakugo took a deep breath, and let out a low hum in response to Midoriya. Midoriya flinched and quickly glanced at Bakugo, who kept his glare on the boy and let out another hum as he looked at his mask and back at Midoriya implyingly. Midoriya slowly nodded in understanding, and somewhat hesitantly walked up to Bakugo.

"Yeah...Right..." Midoriya mumbled as he placed the tray at Bakugo's side and quickly reached for Bakugo's mask. Just as he finally touched the mask, Midoriya hesitated even more, pausing, and his green eyes darted towards Bakugo as he desperately searched for something in Bakugo's crimson eyes. Bakugo slowly blinked in response and slightly tilted his head forwards, towards Midoriya, signaling that he could take the mask off, ignoring the worried look the greenette gave him. He didn't need pity. He was the one who was supposed to be feeling sorry for Midoriya, and he wouldn't accept it any other way, not even while being kidnapped and tied up in who-knows-where.

Midoriya took a small breath as he leaned forward, holding the front of the mask as he unstrapped what seemed to be buckles at the back of Bakugo's head, before the mask slightly shifted forwards and Midoriya completely took it off. Bakugo moved his jaw around, letting himself breath heavily as he unsuccessfully tried to relax his jaw. Even his tongue felt slightly numb, and yet it still ached as he tried to move it around.

Bakugo shut his eyes and let his head fall forwards, exhausted from the sitting position he had been in...What, a day? A week? He had no idea how long he'd been unconscious, but the hit to his head definitely couldn't have gone unnoticed by his body. That's right...I got hit in the head too... Bakugo realized, and let out a tired sigh. He then lifted his head towards Midoriya, who was eyeing him warily and even somewhat regretfully, quickly averting his eyes as Bakugo looked back at him.

He knew what the greenette could be thinking, but there was no way Bakugo was mad at him. He already knew it wasn't his fault that he was captured, and he knew that Midoriya couldn't do anything to help him except for bringing him food, and if it was him after all that wrapped his wound in bandages (which Bakugo barely doubted, seeing as the villains, judging from the abusive woman, were most likely all pretty insane), also wrap the wounds that he's most likely to receive later on again.