"F##k It!"

I bend over as I lace up my black leather Dr

I bend over as I lace up my black leather Dr. Marten Boots, my long blonde locks falling over my face. I stand up straight and look at myself in the changing room mirror.
"QB's gonna come in his pants when you step out center stage rocking his jersey!"
I narrow my eyes at my best friend through my reflection in the mirror, "Keep your voice down Brit!" I turn, looking around to make sure nobody heard. Thankfully everybody seems too hyped- snapping pictures and making sure their outfits are flawless.
"What? It's true, you look hot Maddie! There's something primal- when a girl wears a guy's jersey number-it does something to them." Brittany shrugs.
I let out a laugh, "Brit, the only reason I'm wearing his damn jersey is because Levi would beat the crap out of me if Shelby walked out there wearing someone other than his."
Brittany raises her eyebrow questioning my motives before walking towards the door into the corridor to the auditorium, "Whatever helps you sleep at night baby doll."

I take one last look at myself in the mirror straightening out Vinnie's Jersey against my tanned naked legs. I part my hair letting it flow over either shoulder in loose waves as I turn to the side to look at the back staring at the CARSON sprawled in a huge font across my shoulders. I guess I didn't learn my lesson about playing with fire.

"Okay girls, we've practiced this a million times, you've got this!" Coach claps her hands together standing in front of the auditorium doorway. She points a finger at Shelby, then me, "Are you two ready?" I glance at Shelby and we both nod in unison, Coach smiling at her squad, "Okay! It's showtime!"

Coach pushes open the doors and two students hold them back in place until the team get through the doors into the auditorium, Shelby hidden in the middle of them. The chorus of chanting and cat calls from the football team sound through the now closing doors as the guys see which girl is wearing their number. I sneak a peek through the small opening, the perfect view to see Vinnie's face. I laugh, as his eyes search the girls and a look of confusion takes over his face. Is he looking for which girl is wearing his number? Or is he looking for me?

The voices go quiet as the sound of the music begins to float through the room. I hold the mic up and begin to sing the words to the music
"Feelin' Myself, I'm Feelin' myself, I'm Feelin my..."
I peer through the gap in the doorway as Vinnie and my brother look at each other and then around the room as they hear my voice through the speakers.

"I'm with some hood girls lookin back at it..."
I click off the mic as I let out an enormous laugh at the sight upon my brother's face. His jaw almost hits the court floor as he spots Shelby walk out of the middle of the girls in his jersey as she spits out the lyrics so perfectly it would make Nicki herself proud. The crowd roars as she struts out- her sassiness on point. I giggle as Vinnie waves a hand in front of my brother's face, and the other guys on the team slap him on the shoulders but his attention is completely consumed by Shelby. I smirk as I lift my mic back up towards my face, clicking it back on. My hand quivers with nervousness. I take one last look at Vinnie as the doors begin to slowly open and I step into the auditorium. Come on Maddie you've got this!