"And well...I sort of walked in when him and Astra were in the middle of something."

"Something like what?" I quickly questioned, my words suddenly tense and sharp as I anxiously awaited an explanation.

"You see...I had to get my broom compass off Nott, and when I walked into their dorm she was on her knees for him. Not a sight I want to have to witness again." The Raven haired boy sighed, laughing to himself as he recalled last nights events.

My heart dropped. A horrible, vile taste began to form in my mouth, like the unpleasantries of last night were coming back up on me.
My stomach began to twist and warp itself around my insides. Yet a sardonic smirk grew upon my lips.

Taurus looked up at me instantly. His eyes wide with concernas he silently told me he was taken a back also. Having seen both of us at the party, he knew that this was a kick in the teeth.

But I wasn't taken a back however, in fact I wasn't even surprised. It was far too familiar for me; putting my trust in something I shouldn't. And that's why I didn't, tried not to at least.

My mind floated back to the night of the Noel Ball. That same sinking feeling. The same horrible punch in the gut when you realise being yourself isn't good enough. And it probably never would be. There's always someone better. Someone more desirable.

But it stung like the cleaning of a wound. A sting that was for the best. And this sting reminded me of why I didn't let my icy, stone battlement walls down. Not even for the ice king himself.

Malfoy wasn't mine. And I knew that possibility would never be within reach. Yet a part of me thought I had something. Enough to hold on to at least.

I began to laugh. A sick, twisted laugh, fuelled by the utter revelation and humour of the situation. It was funny, almost. How my judgement was so wrong yet my expectations so correct.

I didn't expect anything of the selfish, pompous Pureblood prince who thought the whole world was at his feet. Yet I excepted something from Malfoy; the fragile boy underneath.

Glancing up the Slytherin table, I noticed him, Nott and Zabini were nowhere to be seen. My gaze did however fall upon a puffy eyed Daphne with Pansy and Astra, who every so often shooting vicious glares towards Willow, who was too dreary to notice.

"I've got to go....I've got some partner assignment thing to do with Granger before class starts." Fabian rolled his dark eyes as stood up, pulling his robe over him while he spoke, his words reluctant and grudging.

"See you guys later." He dismissively sighed, before strutting out of the hall that was abuzz with hungry and hungover students.

10 am charms rolled around and I wasn't looking forward to it.

"Headache this morning Emerald?" The blondes smug words interrupting the concentration I was applying to not engaging with his pitiful conversation.

"No worse than usual lessons with you." I retorted coldly, keeping my eyes purposely on Flitwicks demonstration.

All he could do was scoff in surprise, looking at me with his usual smugly raised brow.  His eyes cloudy yet holding an unfamiliarly suspicious look. A slight hint of confusion or uncertainty.

"I got a letter from my father this morning." He said with a suggestive tone, sounding as though he wanted to expand on that idea, not that I had any interest in hearing it.

"How nice." I hummed uninterestedly, still putting all my focus on the little Professor perched on the stack of books on top of his desk.

"He was saying-"