"Surely, if you're all okay with it?" I answered back hesitantly, looking between all their faces for any sign of skepticism, but couldn't find any.

"More than okay, I need to meet him officially and not just over FaceTime." She cheesed excitedly, "There's no way to grill someone over a call and with you glued next to it." Max rolled her eyes, leaning back on her chair and taking a dramatic amount of sips from her red.

"Well then maybe I will do best to keep him away from you and not bring him." I teased back and Jack laughed along with me, clinking his glass with mine produly at the cheeky comeback.

"He's already approved by us." Casper jumped in, gloating in Max's face to provoke her playfully to get a buzz from the way he knew she would get fired up- just the way he loved her to be.

"That doesn't mean anything." She sassed while glancing at him with questionable eyes before she turned to me "You already know I really like him, I just... I just need to have a little chat, you know, a loving and friendly chat." Max batted her eyelashes at me, knowing full well that I didn't fall for her lies, but she knew me too well to know that I would still give into it.

The days then continued on, being filled with work, Max and holiday preparations. Sarah had texted me the same day as they arrived back from the first leg of the tour, hoping to see me as soon as possible. That week between the band coming home, and Max coming home- I had had no time to catch up with Sarah.

Work was overwhelming, in the best way. For the last weeks I had for the first time been assigned to Clara Amfo, helping her out with the mid morning show- home of the live lounge. When I first was told that I would get a chance to do it, I was over the moon. Being a presenter was a dream, but being a presenter over the live lounge was the dream. Therefore, just getting the opportunity to assist on it was all I could've ever wished for. I just never expected it to happen already since it could take years before assistants got the chance, but I was no way complaining- but rather the opposite. My only fear was that I would mess it up, so therefore I had spent many and many hours at work, wanting to make sure that I got everything right and that nothing would hang over me from work during my few days off for Christmas.

Whenever I wasn't at the office, I spent a lot of my time with Philippe and my besties, meeting up at the pub, taking every chance to hang out with Max. We did our secret santa as promised, and Max finally got to meet Philippe properly- and also give him her little speech. Thankfully, it didn't seem to scare him away.

Before I could even blink, Christmas Eve and Boxing day arrived, and I spent it together with my family, introducing them to Philippe- who celebrated with us. I thought I would feel more nervous bringing a boy home, and especially for the holidays, but it was all fine. They were fine, he was fine, I was fine... Everything was fine.

The fact that I felt more nervous just thinking of introducing Philippe to Sarah was something I pretended to ignore, and kept reasoning with myself that the small unreasonable guilt I felt whenever I thought about them shaking hands was in no way my reason for not meeting up with Sarah sooner. I had told her about him in the mix of us trying to fit our schedules, so it wouldn't come as a surprise to her though, and that was comforting.

But I was happy, and I hoped she would see that. I had more faith in Sarah than that small fear made it look like, so today I had finally booked my date with her, and not just her- but the whole band. When the date was finally booked, that small fear of mine was gone. The excitement to see them all again since September was too strong to feel anything other than that.

Hand in hand with Philippe, we walked in the barely snowing weather to Casper's bar where we had decided to meet up with all of them.

"I wanted to run something by you." Philippe broke the silence, swaying our intertwined grip between us. I looked up at him to assure him that I was listening. His kind puppy eyes lightly landed on me.