4: Yer a wizard Harry

Start from the beginning

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Leviogard, this is Draeka," he said. 

The girl was dazed for a second but then just said 'hello' and took another step to leave the couple to meet all of the little girls, when the lady, Mrs. Leviogard held out her hand and said, "'Ello love, your headmaster here has told us all about you. He said you were quite an amazing girl." 

Draeka raised her eyebrows at Fred, but still took the woman's hand and shook it. They were Brits, and they had very strong accents to prove it. What were British people doing adopting someone here in the states?

"Hooowww about we go up to my office," Fred said breaking the awkwardly long handshake. Draeka felt stupid when she realized that she had never let go of the woman's hand. She pulled away and looked down at her feet, grimacing at her own stupidity.

They walked up to the office in yet more awkward silence. When they got there, they all took their seats and Fred decided to get to the point.

"So, Draeka, how would you like to be adopted?" he asked.

Her eyes widened and their beauty was made more obvious to the couple.

 They were a deep, striking obsidian-like black, that had specks and streaks of almost magic copper embers in their depths. With her multi-shaded, long eyelashes, her scar even looked amazing, it was a perfect line that sliced right through the tip of her eyebrow where a small piece that neglected growing out the slice of the eyebrow. 

She already looked like a warrior, or in her case, a 'chosen one'. Their observation was interrupted by Draeka, who was having a coughing fit, like she had just swallowed saliva and it went the wrong way.

Finally, she pulled herself together (sorta) and managed to say one word. Well...sound.

"Eh?!"

So they wanted her, huh? Somebody in this world actually wanted to have her as their daughter. She couldn't help but be a bit skeptical about the whole thing. 

Still, there was a wave of emotion that came over her and she had no idea how to react. 

Shouldn't she be happy, though? Isn't this what she had always wanted? Someone to accept her?  Someone, to take her to her basketball games (or whatever games, because one sport is never enough) and cheer for her? 

She already had Fredric, though. She had Fred and she loved her friend very much. The thought of leaving hurt her, she was happy here, but there was part of her that wanted to go, and have a real family.

Then, she was confused. What did a British couple want from her? Most of all why did they want HER? She was about to start middle school and was very not disciplined when it came to obeying authorities, except Fredric. They hadn't even met her and now they wanted to adopt her? Suspicious if you ask me. 

Fred saw her confusion as she was lost in her thoughts. 

"Perhaps...I should explain what is really going on..." Draeka furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and slightly annoyed concern. What did she not know? Wasn't she supposed to be 5 steps ahead of everyone? Didn't she know all there was to know about herself? Ugghghhghgh. 

 "Albert, put a silencing charm on us, please. Lilian, some locking charms should do, just for the better sake of safety, " he said.

What the in the actual macaroni was going on. Charms? Like....magic..? Her heart raced at the thought and she was completely shook when the couple pulled out twigs? -or WANDS and pointed them at the door muttering some words. This is madness...right? 

They finally sat down and the woman, Lilian, rubbed Draeka's tense shoulders.

"Draeka, it is time you know the truth. The truth about your family, the truth about your being here, the truth about...well YOU," Fred said looking at her nervously. He had never seen her so alarmed, so insecure. 

"Well, there's no easy way to say this but, you're a witch, Draeka."

"I-i'm a WHAT?" she asked.

Ooh, she thought. Iconic Harry Potter moment. This was getting a little too serious for her liking.

"A witch. You have magic. We have magic, too. Just like your parents. Just like...Harry Potter. Who just like you, love, is real," the man, Albert, said.

She could have jumped out of the window right there and then. But right there she wanted to dig a hole and hide, figure things out, and come out with security. A sudden rush of excitement came over her, though. 

She had magic. This was REAL. Harry Potter was real, too. Hopefully. This is still sorta suspicious.

"Why, or what... I mean...I don't know what to say...its like 7 in the morning," she stuttered out. "Actually it is 10-" Fred started. 

Her heart was racing harder than Lightning McQueen now, and she had no idea what to feel. So she fainted.

Tee hee, make sure to comment and vote! :)