Chapter Eight (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

She blinked at me for a moment before shaking her surprise and advancing to begin work on my bonds. "I trapped him downstairs. Are you hurt?"

Am I hurt? Why would I be-Oh right, oops I almost forgot. "Um yes. Ow. My foot." I responded in a monotone voice. She smiled reassuringly and took a knife to the tape attaching me to the ceiling.

Wow, she really trapped Mr. Hound Dog already? I know that the teachers are supposed to be going easy on her, but that's still impressive. I wonder how she did it.

"You can lean on my then." She spoke as the tape snapped. She caught me just before I hit the ground, but clearly didn't have enough strength to hold me up, as she collapsed beneath me.

"Umph!

Oh god, is she okay? I tried rolling off of her but I was stuck in place, still partially wrapped in tape. I eventually gave up trying to move, afraid that it would make her even more uncomfortable. Freaking Sero and his freaking tape.

"Er- sorry. Lean on you?" I questioned instead, attempting to change the subject since our faces were rather, er- close.

"Yeah, since your leg is hurt." She spoke quickly, trying frantically to get out from under me. Why does she seem so panicked?

She noticed my confused gaze and looked away, "I apologize, I didn't mean for it to seem like I'm trying to get away from you. I'm just not used to being close to people. I don't want to accidentally hurt you. With the side affects of my quirk, that is."

"Oh. Then could you maybe help get me out of this?" I asked sheepishly, nodding down to my bonds with my chin. She nodded, her cheeks slightly flushed in embarrassment, and reached for her knife to cut the tape.

Once my arms were free I picked myself up into a kneeling position and shifted to the side so that she could get up. Quickly, she got down next to me, offering a shoulder. I wrapped one arm around it and we stood together.

"Midoriya and Sero are waiting outside?" I asked. She nodded in response and we began to make our way out of the parking structure to the others.  

I've only seen this girl three times, and each time it has been a strange encounter. With a little girl saved by the heroes last year, in a forest trying to cut her hair, and now in a parking lot during a mock hostage situation. 

I looked over to her. Her hair was shorter now that I'd helped her cut it, it was also rather choppy and messily done at the edges. I cringed, apparently I'd suck as a hairdresser. Good to know. I glanced at her little chipped horn, her reflective (e/c) eyes, and (s/c) skin. Even though the enviornment was definitely different, to me she still looked like the enchanting mythical creature I'd seen in those woods just a couple of days ago. Definitely unique. Quite strange. Totally mysterious. 

Still, for whatever reason, I was glad to see her again.

(y/n)'s POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On our way out of the building Jirou'd told me the direction we'd need to go in to reach the exit gate. The teachers had said that I'll i'd need to do to pass was rescue the three victims and leave, but I suspected the the leaving part wouldn't be so easy. Surely there was another obstacle. After all, this was the infamous UA that I'd always heard Shigaraki ranting about. It shouldn't be that easy to get into, even for someone for whom they're already making exceptions.

Finally we arrived outside to find Midoriya sitting on a curb with his head down, muttering to himself, and Sero leaning against a wall with his arms crossed waiting for us.

"Hey idiot!"

Hm? I looked to the side as I felt Jirou slip out of my grasp. She marched over to Sero and smacked him on the head.

"Hey what'd you do that for." He whined. She just growled at him in response and Midoriya got up to try and pull her away. I didn't understand why she would just hit him like that. I thought they were classmates. Was it just some sort of aggressive greeting?

I walked over to them nervously, ready to speak up about getting ready to head to the exit, but not sure if I should interrupt them. Jirou and Sero were yelling at each other, but they didn't seem genuinely mad, and Midoriya was fussing over both of them, keeping them from getting hitting each other. Is this what it looks like... to be friends? I wondered, not noticing that I was staring.

Eventually Midoriya noticed me, "Oh I'm sorry (y/n)! We're holding you up again! You want to get going, right?"

I nodded in response.

"Oh, right. Sorry 'bout that." Sero apologized, turning to me and scratching the back of his head. I wasn't sure how he could reach it with those big elbows getting in the way..

"Sorry." Jirou muttered.

"I accept." Sero smiled cockily.

"Not to you, idiot." Jirou growled.

It took a while for us to actually get going after that. I was lucky that the exam wasn't timed, though I'm sure somewhere Shota was fuming that his students were holding me up. He seemed like the kind of teacher who wouldn't be too happy with his students for any mistakes they made. Eventually, though, we arrived at the exit gate. And I was right. All three of the teachers- er- villains that I'd already 'defeated' stood in front of it. They looked ready for a fight too. I assumed that this time I couldn't evade and dodge like I had before.

I sighed, just one more obstacle and then I can go home and sleep. Pass or not.