𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: a moment of recollection

The ride back to Hildebrand Manor has Anastasia in a fucking bind. She can usually control her temper but not this time. Not when Celine is purposely calling her and Cameron out, attempting to make them look like fucking fools. How many damn times does she have to tell this woman that they didn't sneak off for inappropriate reasons? Her words seem to be going completely unheard and she hates it.

Alicia and Catalina are sitting there, reveling in their younger siblings' misery. Anastasia wants to slap the smirks off both of their faces. Cameron wants everyone to shut up and leave him and Stassi alone.

Speaking of his girlfriend, he can see it on her face. She's about to do something she never does in front of her family and that is to cry. He pulls her into his arms and rubs her back soothingly as she sobs quietly in the crook of his neck. Hasn't she had enough?

Her phone rings interrupting the annoying unnecessary lecture Celine is giving. She makes no move to answer it. Instead, she lets Cameron answer. It's Mercedes calling.

"Merci, it's not a good time. Stassi is mad as hell right now."

"Rightfully so, Cam. Celine is out of fucking pocket for that disrespectful ass display at the party. Tristan and Sloane were slightly embarrassed."

Cameron throws Celine an extremely dirty glare that, to his absolute delight, throws her off guard. "I will be letting her know of this little development after I make sure Stassi is alright. You know, today was already fucking terrible for her. Michelle and her traffic issues, running into that bastard who shall not be named. A long day. I can see it in her face."

"I know. Tell Stassi I love her and that I'll check in later. Love y'all."

"Thank you, Merci. Love you too." With that, the conversation is over, and his attention is solely on Anastasia. "Stassi, you and I need to talk about the people around us. Good and irritating." He wipes her tears away.

After what seems like a million damn years, the limo finally pulls up in the driveway. Anastasia is the first out and in the house, running upstairs. Cameron is right behind her, taking her in her arms where she loudly sobs.

Celine and Gisselle, followed by Alicia and Catalina exit the limousine and go upstairs. From outside in the hallway, they hear loud yelling.

"No matter what I tell her or what I do, they all think I'm stupid or something. Our sisters purposely do things to get us in trouble. Basking in our calamity. I'm over it, Cameron. I can't take it anymore." Anastasia yells in anguish. He's never seen her this morose before and his heart is breaking.

He wants to raise hell on their parents right now.

"Get me out of here, Cam. Please."

The loud whimper she lets out is the last straw. He's not letting her out of his sight tonight so yeah they're going to his apartment.

The door opens and in comes the very last group of people they want to deal with right now. Cameron rolls his eyes. Anastasia doesn't say a word and packs an overnight bag- which includes her outfit for tomorrow, some makeup/accessories, and her work tote bag. There's a plethora of emotions running through her body right now- one of which happens to be dejection.

Another being hunger because she didn't even get to eat the plate of food she fixed herself at the party. This entire day has just been horrible and she never wants to relive this.

"Haven't y'all done enough? Pissed both of us off. Stassi is crying and she never does that. Leave us alone." Cameron watches as she picks up her bag and car keys, leaving the room. "Oh and one more thing, Tristan and Sloane were embarrassed by your hideous behavior tonight. You might want to think about how you're going to fix this." He picks up his phone and leaves the room, locking her door behind him.