𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: businesswoman shit

SERENE BEAUTY HEADQUARTERS
BEVERLY HILLS, CA
9:45 AM

Parked in her personal spot, Stassi grabs hold of her purse and steps out of the Benz, pressing the top button on the remote to lock it. She pulls on the door handle, confirming that it's indeed locked, and heads towards the private entrance that leads to her office lobby. Her heels click loudly as she walks inside the elevator.

Soon enough, she files out of the elevator, her assistants Brielle and Elizabeth greeting her with smiles on their faces. "Good morning Miss Hildebrand. You look stunning." They say in unison.

Anastasia loves them both. They're younger than her and they get shit done quickly. Without being asked, Brielle takes her bag from her while Elizabeth hands her the rose gold clipboard with her to-do list on it and her favorite drink- a large mocha cappuccino.

"Thank you darlings

"Thank you darlings. Okay, hit me. Meeting with Michelle, test shots, and..." she trails off hoping they know what she's doing.

Brielle opens the door for her to go in first. "And an exclusive interview with Vogue."

"Vogue... as in my favorite fashion magazine ever? EEEEEEEE'' The girls giggle at how happy their boss is as she squeals loudly. The loud ringing of a phone interrupts her little celebration. Anastasia stops squealing long enough to answer the ringing device which happens to be her desk phone. "That is my phone ringing. Hello?"

"Stassi, it's Michelle. I've run into some bad traffic on the freeway and it doesn't look like it's letting up anytime soon."

Anastasia frowns, almost pouting. She was looking forward to this meeting. "Traffic in Los Angeles is horrible, I swear. We can push the meeting to another day. I mean, there's not much left to do. Just the test shots. We can go ahead and start on that. Brielle, call the glam team and get them down here. Elizabeth, call the girls and ask them if they have anything to do today. All hands on deck." She realizes that Michelle is still on the phone. "Michelle. keep me updated. I hope it clears up soon."

"Me too, Stassi. Me too. I'm getting another call. Let me call you back."

With that, the conversation is over and Stassi stares at the receiver in her hand. 'That went well.' She thinks internally and hangs up, scooting her ivory chair from underneath the desk and standing up.

"Miss Hildebrand, I talked to Miss Herrera and Miss Lancaster. They said to tell that they're free today and they'll be here within the next hour." Elizabeth says as she steps back into the room.

"Okay, good. What about Vanessa?"

"Voicemail."

The elder narrows her eyes. "I'll call her." That's weird. Vanessa isn't answering her phone. She always answers, even when she's busy doing something. "I'm going downstairs. I left my iPad Pro in the car." She grabs her keys out of her purse and calls Vanessa on her way to the elevator. "Vanessa, pick up." Again, the other girl doesn't answer. "I swear to god, she better call me the fuck back. Today is not going according to plan... at all."