Chapter 32: Death Glare

Start from the beginning

"It's an honor to meet you, Mavis from class 1-A of U.A.!" Turning around with food in my mouth, I saw the loud boy again, the one that I took some blood from.

He stretched out his hand and smiled brightly. I needed to look up to meet his eyes. We shook hands while I chewed on the strawberry that was in my mouth. His grip was tight and he shook my hand violently. "Wow, slow down big boy. I will need my arm." I placed my left hand over his hand and he slowed down with the shaking.

He let go of my hand and I cleared my throat. "It's nice to make your acquaintance, too, Inasa? I'm sorry if it's wrong, you haven't introduced yourself to me." Not that I would care if I was wrong. I feel bothered by him. The way he just came from behind and screamed as if I needed some hearing aid to hear him scratched on my ego.

Some time ago people bowed when they saw me walk by.

He grinned brightly "Yoarashi Inasa! I'm sorry, I just forgot to introduce myself because I was so hyped to meet you!" He closed both his hands in fists, and talked with excitement.

"It's quite alright." I tried to give him a warm smile. "I presume you know me because of the sports festival?" He nodded multiple time, hard and fast. I reached up and stopped his head from moving "Slow down, your poor neck." It is kind of refreshing to act all nice and caring. After I've met up with the others, I felt some kind of aching for the old times. I forgot how much I could missed those people because I was on the run and on edge all the time.

He cupped my hands that were still resting on his cheeks and brought them down, still holding them with both his hands.

"Are you friends with Todoroki Shoto?" He asked me, his mood turning a 180. I cringed. So that's why he approached me? It's easy to read these teenagers. They hadn't seen the real world and are just eating up all the twisted lies the heroes and the government tells them. They are living in a little box made by the HPSC, and think they are some great masterminds with a good poker face.

I tilted my head slightly and looked confused "I mean, I don't know if he sees me as one. We don't talk very often. He is very... distant."

He quirked a brow.

The large doors opened and I looked over to see who finished the test now. There he was, walking into the large room and looking around. He spotted me and Inasa, his gaze fell to our hands and he then looked at a couch, at the other side of the room.

"If you would excuse me," I looked up at the giant boy again, and he let go of my hands.

I quickly made my way towards Todoroki with a tiny smile. "Glad you made it". Later than I thought he would.

He looked up at me, and then patted the space besides him. I sat down.

"How'd it go?" I stretched my limbs and they cracked loudly. Todoroki watched me doing so, "I need to train more with my fire quirk." before his gaze went back to Inasa. I didn't even notice that they were staring at each other till I opened my eyes again after I was done stretching.

Inasa was imitating a death glare, and Todoroki was just staring without any emotion. His eyebrows were a slight bit quirked up, which indicated to me that he was confused.

"Trouble in paradise? Didn't know you swing that way Todo~" I tried to get an answer that way. It's not like they seem to have been close some time ago. But Inasa seems to have an issue with him.

He didn't break his eye contact with Inasa. My gaze went from Todoroki to Inasa, back and forth. I feel left out and something is itching in me to get that drama out so I can at least enjoy something today. If nothing happens today I would deem this day as a waste.

"How do you know this guy?" I leaned forward so I could catch his gaze, his elbows were placed on his knees, while he leaned forward and held eye contact with the said boy. I thought I would get ignored, and because I hate that I tried to inquire some more.

"We only met briefly. He fanboyed around. He knows me from the sports festival."

"You two seemed close. Holding hands and looking like a couple." He side-eyed me, and then went back on with staring contest.

"Is it just me, or do I feel this jealousy aura radiating out of you?" I poked his left cheek with my finger lightly and he shook his head.

Dropping my hand to my lap, I sighed and leaned back on the couch. "At first he acted like a fanboy. But what was weird was that he asked about you, out of the blue." Todoroki broke the staring contest and looked back to me, with a confused look.

"He asked if I was friends with you. First I thought he was a fan of you, but with this glare with what he is staring you down, gods here I was thinking someone was interested in me." I nodded towards the big boy "I think he hates you because of something."

Todo leaned back to the couch and looked from me towards the said boy, and then back to me. "Why would he hate me? We never said anything to each other."

I hummed "Your dad? A lot of people don't like him, or fear him even. He could just don't like you because of him." He watched me for a long time and I tried to grin when I started to feel uncomfortable with his gaze. "Do you think I'm scary?"

"Why would I consider you as frightening?" He pursed his lips slightly. I turned my body towards his, sitting sideways with one leg propped on the couch, between us. "I don't know. My eyes?"

"They are just brown eyes."

"No I mean when I use my quirk. When they turn red."

He furrowed his brows slightly and turned his body towards me. "Sensei also has red eyes when he uses his quirk."

I opened my mouth to protest, but pressed my lips in a thin line when I realized how pathetic I sound.
"Right. I forgot."

1693 words