Back in Time Part 1

Merlin POV

I never thought I would have to tell, let alone have to show, everyone about my past. It was the second of the two secrets I thought I would guard with my life. And now it's revealed.

The day started ordinary enough, a hunting trip with Arthur and the rest of the Knights of the Round Table, Gwaine, Lancelot, Percival, and Leon. Arthur kept yelling at me to stop being a lazy ass and fetch him another arrow, and the others were chuckling, not at all quietly, at me and Arthur's constant bickering.

Yah, so it was an ordinary day until that bloody sorcerer just had to show up and swoop us all to my past. The reality of the situation had settled on me before anyone else because only I would recognize the small child, no older than 11, running and full out terrified through the forest. That child was, is, me. One of the many parts of myself that I had decided to lock up inside myself so none could see.

But now they see, Arthur and the Knights, and they almost immediately recognize the raven black hair with the dark blue eyes as me. They turn their eyes incredulously to me and I look down, shuffling my feet like a kid.

"This is you?!" Arthur asks.

"Yah. And you probably don't want to watch."

"And why wouldn't I want to? You know everything about us and we know almost nothing about you."

"Look, we are in my past for one, meaning if they see us, time will forever more be changed, and two, this is private and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't intrude on it."

Lancelot speaks up. "He's right. If he doesn't want us to know about his past then we won't intrude, understand?"

"You know what? Forget it? If you guys want to watch, go ahead. I won't stop you." They all stare at me one by one before turning their attention to the boy.

Three teens enter the scene, surrounding the me, past me anyway. One of them holds a whip and proceeds to nod to his companions. They pick me up by the arms, preventing me from any possible escape.

"Oh," he mocks. "Is the little peasant scared?"

"You wish." Eleven-year old me mutters, but loud enough for all of us to hear.

"Shut up you little freak show." One of the teens proceeds to kick me in the stomach and I groan.

"Look, do what you want with me, but if you lay a hand on my mother I swear-"

"You swear you'll what? Hurt me? You're a monster Merlin. You shouldn't even exist."

"Then why not finish me off?"

"Because I want you to feel pain." The grip on the eleven year olds arms tighten and they turn me around, so he...me...is facing us. "Take his shirt off." They oblige and I start to feel sick. It's bad enough having to relive my childhood, but with Arthur too?

My screams fill the forest as the whip comes in contact with my back once, twice, twenty times. I have to hold the Knights and Arthur back from charging the three men on at least three occasions.

"Don't." I whisper. "It'll affect the past. Who knows what would happen if we interfered."

"But they're whipping you." Arthur hisses. "Don't tell me you don't want us to stop that."

"Of course I do it's just..." I trail off unsure of what to say.

"It's just what Merlin?! You haven't told us one bloody thing about your past. Ever. And now this..."

"Look, this is exactly the reason I didn't tell you. I knew you would react badly." With that I refuse to say anything else and turn my attention back to the group torturing me.

They leave soon after. They leave me dying out in the woods and I cast one last regretful look to the other me before I leave, taking the Knights and Arthur unwillingly with me.

--------A/N-----------

This is just one part so don't worry!!
😄😄😄😄😄