March Stories 2021

Start from the beginning

Chapters: 115 (book 1, 2 &3 complete)

Description: When her first love falls apart, a Filipina-Canadian foodie is devastated as she believes she's to blame. To prove her devotion, Maria joins a social-media cooking contest despite her family's advice to move on from the toxic man. It draws him back until he reveals his loyalty to his new girlfriend. Crushed, Maria uproots her life to Thailand to teach English. Her vibrant photos and contest posts catch her ex's interest, and the feelings she tried to suppress resurface. The stress of being a new teacher and handling Adrian's mood swings pushes Maria close to her breaking point. As her new friends, including her flirty next-door neighbour, encourage her to move on, she must decide between her ex's apologies and promises, a fling with her hot, commitment-phobic neighbour, or time alone to heal and find herself.

Warnings: Drug and alcohol references, mentions of self-harm and suicidal thoughts. The final chapter of book 2 is mature for sexual content as well as a scene or two of book 3 (there are always warnings before these scenes). There are LGBTQ+ supporting characters.

Feedback: How is hooking the opening chapter, which parts could be omitted, how you connect with the characters. This is a 4th or 5th (I've lost track) draft so feel free to tear it apart as long as you're constructive and offer some suggestions or reflections on what could be improved or didn't work. Thanks :)

Average chapter length: 1.5k-2.5k

Reading preferences: Happy to read anything

Will read mature: yes

Username: DESTINY5611

Story: Between Worlds

Genre: Science Fiction

Chapters: 12 (Ongoing)

Description: Finally, graduated at last. The months and months of hardwork for high school have come to an end and now it's finally time for Amy Green to sit back and relax. No more exams, no more projects. Things are going to be amazi- Wrong. Instead, Amy's mother meets with a severe accident. Her father goes missing; calls unanswered and absolutely no texts. But that's not all. There was something strange, something abnormal about the wall at the end of the alley where the accident took place. Something that would change her life forever.

Warnings: No mature content

Feedback preference: anything is appreciated!

Average chapter length: 2K-2.8K

Reading Preferences: Science fiction, mystery/thriller, general fiction, fantasy

Dislike: romance, fan fiction, werewolf, vampire

Will read mature content: No

***

Username: KingEmpo

Story: What Comes After

Genre: Science Fiction (technically fan-fiction but all characters, settings, and conflicts are original)