CHAPTER 25

Mabilis na nilisan ni Cyra ang kwartong pinagpupulungan nila. She just took her bag and went off. Her decision was to visit the guard house after the conference but it was disturbed by her edgy feeling.

Earlier, Ashen did not stop eyeing her and for unknown reasons, she felt uncomfortable. It can't be what she concluded and besides, she only has a week and days left at that ship as a cook. Hindi na niya kailangang makasalamuha pa ang lalaki lalo't wala naman siyang balak na magsisilabas sa araw ng pagdating ng mga sundalo sa kanilang isla.

"Damn. I'm such a freak."

Inihagis niya ang bag sa kama saka naupo. She felt so frustrated. Naiinis siya sa mga bagay na hindi niya makuha-kuha kung bakit nangyayari o kung bakit kailangan pang mangyari. Their paths should never have crossed and she should not had started a game with him.

Nakapatong ang mga siko niya sa kaniyang nakasaradong hita habang ang mga palad ay ipinantabon sa mukha. "You're such a loser, Cy."

"Shall I be assuming that I am the winner?"

Agad siyang napatayo nang marinig ang boses na iyon. How did he came into my room without me noticing?

"What are you-

"I told you, mag-uusap tayo."

"Don't cut me off when I'm talking."

The man closed the door behind him and treaded to her place. She still feels lucky when Ashen gave a meter of distance between them. Cyra can't even take a step back because she's already leaning at the edge of her bed.

"Or else what?"

Hindi siya nakasagot sa lalaki. Ano nga ba? Ano nga ba ang gagawin niya kung putulin nito ang pagsasalita niya? It's not like she would punish him a kiss because she knows very well that it isn't a punishment.

"See? Wala kang gagawin." His voice is incredibly threatening especially when he closed the gap between them. "But I can do anything. Anything I want." And he smirked

Cyra pushed his hand as it was going to touch her face.

"I'm going to make it clear for you-

"Babe." Ashen obstructed her again. He can see how her eyebrows met and her eyes even darker. It's making him smile. You will have to vouch for this. "What if I say, I missed you?"

He must be having an argument with the woman because she left for three days without any words for him and she didn't even talked when he called. But right now, his voice is hoarse as he stared at the pair of her two twinkling eyes.

Ang mabilis na tibok ng puso ni Cyra ay mas lalo pang bumilis na wala ng salita upang ilarawan pa iyon. Ang alam lang niya, hindi niya kayang ganito kalapit sa kaniya ang binata na bagamat galing sa arawan, hindi pa rin maitatanggi ang halimuyak nito na nanunuot sa kaniyang ilong.

"Lumayo ka sa'kin."

"What if I say, I waited for you? Your texts, your calls, or just even a poke."

"Stop."

The captain tilted his head and leaned on her ear only to whisper something that sent a jeopardising moment for her.