Chapter 47: Familiar

The explosions started going off and I quickly jumped away from them. I felt my arm detach and I grit my teeth. If I had stayed right where the boys body was reported, my legs would've been gone too.

I kneeled down and restarted my heart, a new arm replacing my lost one. It was good that I sent my coordinates prior to finding out who Machima really was, or else this would be worse than it already was. I heard the panicked screams from the city behind me and I got up to access the situation.

All the way across the clearing, something popped out of the dirt. It was a latched door that led to a bunker underground. 

Out came the man I've been tracking down for ages. Seikatsu calmly got out of the bunker, his team following close behind. 

"Seikatsu" I mumbled, glaring at the man. 

"Y/N L/N, it's about time we finally meet again. Let me ask you, do you recognize me?" Seikatsu asked, his hands stuffed in his pockets. 

I looked at him and my eyes widened a little. He perked up at my expression, starting to fidget around. 

"No sorry" I replied. 

"....." 

"....." 

"THEN WHY DID YOU MAKE THAT EXPRESSION?!?!" 

"Well you looked like you wanted me to know you so I decided to try and pursue your fantasy" I answered, putting my hands up in defense. 

"Pfffft, hahaha! He's funny!" Arashima, the puppeteer, giggled. She waved shyly at me and I only tilted my head at her behavior. 

"That only made me feel worse!" Seikatsu yelled.

"My bad my bad, I have a tendency to remember only the important things" I sassed. Arashima hysterically laughing at my response. She's really starting to freak me out. 

"You arrested Ren right? He's in prison right now?" Satoshi, the scissors boy, asked. 

"Yeah I locked him up, but I also put him to death as well. His death sentence wasn't made public, but you should already know, seeing as you had Machima as a mole" I replied. 

"Ohh, so you figured it out?? Arghhhh I wanted to tell you and watch your expression just crumble to pieces! I wanted to see the look on your face when you realized someone you trusted had been against you all along!!" Arashima whined loudly, flailing her arms around. 

"Shut up, you sound like a obsessed fangirl" Fujisaki, the water manipulator, said with a glare.

"All of you keep quiet, you're embarrassing me in front of the one guy I want to kill" Seikatsu snapped, rubbing his face in annoyance. 

"I'm almost flattered, have you been thinking about me?" I teased, making Seikatsu even more angry. 

"We'll see how long you can keep joking" Seikatsu seethed. He lifted his arms in front of him and his enormous yellow energy field in the shape of a dome, went over the entire memorial clearing. It reached really high and stopped right before the city but consumed the whole battlefield.