Chapter 5: Was I Supposed To?

Location: Musutafu Japan UA High

"And that's why, we don't make peace treaties with someone and attack their armed base a few days after. Because karma will bite ya in the ass" I said, scribbling on the chalkboard.

"Alright lesson is over, you guys have to stay since I got scolded last time I let you go to lunch" I continued, clearing off the board.

"Sir, how did we do?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"Pardon?" I stared blankly at her.

"With the sports festival" Bakugou clarified. He looked as if he wanted some praise.

"Oh sorry was I supposed to watch that?" I asked. The student's moods took a turn immediately.

"YOU DIDN'T WATCH?!" the students yelled.

"Why the hell would I watch kids beating each other up?!"

There was a small knock on the door, directing my attention to it. "Iida get the door will ya?"

"Of course sir" Iida responded and went to open the door. As soon as he slid it open, scissors flew in and embedded themselves in my head, making me fall over and the students let out a shriek in surprise.

I got up from the floor once my life was restored.

"What the hell old women?!" I yelled when I saw Recovery girl enter.

"Why you! I leave for a second and you take over my clinic?! One of my patients is talking about how you shot them!"

"They're alive aren't they?! They said they wanted to be healed so I healed them!"

"Look at yourself! You don't take care of yourself, you die so many times a day!" She scolded.

"Huh?! You just killed me!"

We bickered back and forth until she finally stormed out of the classroom. I grumbled in agitation, cleaning off my head from the blood that had oozed out when I was shanked.

"Are you okay, sir?" Uraraka asked after a moment of silence.

"Hm? Oh, yeah it's not so bad to what I'm used to" I waved off and threw the rag in the garbage.

"Why did you retire from heroism? I read an article about you last night, you were really huge. You could've still been big if you were a hero today " Todoroki asked.

"I guess I was just tired of it all and decided to do something else. You can only see so much fighting until that's all you see anymore. So, I decided to test my chances as a detective, put my brain to good use this time"

"That's another thing, your cases should take months to solve but when you get them you barely take a day. Shouldn't that be impossible?" Midoriya pitched in.

"Oh that, when I die I get more knowledgeable. So when I can't figure out something I'll off myself a few times until I can figure it out" I replied simply.

"Why do you kill yourself all the time?" Kaminari asked.

"Dude, you can't just ask that" Kirishima interjected.