Well Sophia it appears that the apple does not fall far from the tree, your daughter her has been gifted with magic as well. Within her lives Natura, the goddess of the forest. It seems fitting as she is the future Luna of this pack and mated to a werewolf."

"Vlad, how is this possible? You said goddess were rare and even in your long life have only come across one other. Now within a week there are two more? It does not make any sense? Sophia and now Ella?"

This seemed so surreal, goddess were known to have died out centuries ago, at least according to our council. The fact that one was now my mate and another was my daughter was mind boggling. Sophia as adamant that no one knew of her true nature and I am beginning to see that as a very important request.

Vlad sat on the chair and leaned forward resting his elbows on his knees. Taking a seat on the couch next to my family we listened to him give us a brief history lesson.

"Thousands of years ago the gods/goddesses roamed much like we do. So were gracious and good, while others were evil and destructive. As time progresses the gods/goddesses were hunted and killed as many believed no one person should hold that much power. Throughout time, the whisper of a rebirth of a particular goddess would spread, but as soon as it was verified they disappeared. Over time, the stories turned into legends and many forgot about them.

It wasn't until I ran across Nyx that their existence was confirmed. She informed me that one day will come that their existence will be fundamental in saving and vanquishing the evil that has plagued them. That this same evil will slowly cause the extinction of others. I assumed her to be correct in her prediction with the fact that the elves, dragons and others have met their demise. She predicted that this evil will target anything that holds more power than they do and for me to always be careful of who I let into my inner circle. She is the reason why only my most loyal know about my mate and daughter. She is also the reason why I chose to protect those that others will not.

I failed at protecting the elves when each of their clans were slaughtered, but I learned and succeeded in protecting the last remaining fairies, gathering them up and placing them in a secure location. Under my care they have started to increase their numbers. I feel that all species should have the right to exist, no matter their power.

I feel that the time has come to rise up and find out who this evil is. For centuries I was obsessed with figuring out this puzzle that has spanned the world's existence, but have not succeeded. I know that those that hold a certain type of power are targeted. Dragon shifters were very difficult to defeat due to size, they were the first to be eliminated. Next were the wizards, warlocks and witches, but unfortunately those spirits get passed down regardless, so they are constantly hunted. On and on it went, those who were a threat of some sort signed their fate.

Around the 17th century most species fled, seeking shelter further away from society in the hopes of staying alive. For a couple hundred years it seemed to work but then around the 19th century the disappearance of entire clan/covens/packs whatever started to disappear. That is when I rescued the fairies and began secretly hiding those who were targeted.

The walls of my castle are protected by ancient magic and also from the magic within. We have kept out of public knowledge so far and aim to continue to do so. The past several decade's things have once again calmed down, but when I returned from here the other day I was brought to my attention that a clans of witches were killed in Canada another in Mexico and Germany.

Add that to the fact that Alpha George has sought my help is taking down your pack things seem to be heating up again. We need to come up with a plan on how to protect your pack without revealing my involvement.

We also need to take into consideration that when you succeed in taking down Alpha George when he comes here that you will be the become the Prime Alpha, Alpha of Alpha's, a title which has not been held in over a thousand years. That alone will make you a target not to mention the two goddess in your pack."

Well Fuck...that was all I could really say after listening to Vlad. I have always stayed out of the Grand Councils limelight because frankly they were a bitch to deal with.

"I'm sorry as I am new to all this shifter slash goddess stuff by why will Knox's title change when he kills Alpha George?"

It was times like this that a small part of me wished that Sophia grew up in our world as I hesitated revealing more, worried about her reaction and ability to deal with it.

"Baby, it is said in our ancient texts with the Grand Council that an Alpha that reaches the mass of over 2000 members has reached the status of Prime Alpha. Basically the King of all Alpha packs. Much like the position Vlad carries for the vampires, but he received his through birth like regular royalty. For were-shifters, well most packs never pass over 500 members. Majority are smaller around the 250 mark. The fact that I have accumulated smaller packs that were struggling, our pack count is at 1678. Taking down Alpha George, I assume leadership over his pack. His numbers are around 900 - adding that to our pack count would push our count over 2000."

Shit did I really want this problem right now? I never aimed for becoming the Prime Alpha, over the years our number increase just sort of happened. We have had several member that have chosen to join based on the fact that they are same sex mates. Nearly all packs banished same sex mates, leaving them rogues. I saw no wrong in it so I welcomed them. Word spread quickly and within a year close to 300 new pack members joined. I never regretted the decision.

Then there were two other packs that were struggling as their Alphas were weak and failed them. I was asked to step in and take control at the times of their death. Again adding another several hundred to our pack count.

I had a newly turned mate and daughter, I didn't want this type of trouble that was coming our way. How was I going to protect them?

"Ok, well one more question. Who and what is the Grand Council?"