"Where is Zia?" I asked, looking at Bob, who hesitantly looked at me, scratching the back of his head.

"Fine, I'll go and find her myself," I muttered as he didn't answer me, and I was getting very impatient. As I was about to get up, he stopped me by putting his hand on my shoulder, saying, "Wait, she's in the room next to yours."

I felt like the blood drained off my face by his words. "What? Why? What's she got?" I asked him, thinking about her, reminding that she was running towards me when I fell on the ground.

Then, she didn't get up off the ground, and I was fighting not to lose consciousness, trying to reach for her, thinking that she was crying, before I passed out.

"Is my daughter alright?" I asked scared. "She's fine now," Mr. Wright said, making me look back and forth between Bob and him, as I was slightly panicking him. "What do you mean by now?" I asked alarmed.

"Candice, you need to calm down, please," Mr. Wright told me as I was about to get up and find my baby.

Huffing, I looked at him with watery eyes, shaking my head. I didn't want to cry, but if the matter was my daughter and her well-being, then, I couldn't hold back my tears, I just couldn't.

"With all due respect, Mr. Wright, I would listen to you as your intern, but as your patient, I refuse to lie down if my child in the room next to me, sick," I said before removing the serum from my arm, "I want to see my baby and see if she is fine." Then, I got up.

As I passed them, barefoot, feeling a little dizzy as I, I guess, got up too quickly, Bob grabbed my arm. "You really need to rest, sugar," he told me, looking at me with worry.

Shaking my head, I pulled my arm from his grip, telling him firmly, "You can't tell a mother to calm down when her baby is in the hospital and she doesn't know if she's alright or not, or what she has! And if you don't tell me why she passed out, I'll go and see myself, it is my right to know my baby's condition as her mother."

As they both looked at me quietly, I muttered a 'fine' before turning around to leave the room. When I was about to leave, Mr. Wright said, "She has an atrial septal defect."

His words made me stop in my movements. Gasping, I took ahold of the doorframe next to me, muttering in disbelief, "My baby has a hole in her heart."

"Yes, but as a doctor in fellowship, you should know that there are many things we can do to keep her condition from getting complicated. We can fix her condition with surgery and close the hole, or we could also use a device lock to repair atrial septal defects to prevent complications," he told me, trying to calm me down.

"I can't calm down, that's my child! Even if she bumps her little toe against the table's leg, my heart aches! Now, I feel like stabbed," I told them with my hand over my heart, "after what I've heard!"

"But it's nothing we can't fix," Mr. Wright argued, making me nod my head and agree with him.

"I want a surgery," I muttered, "and I want her to have an operation soon."

"Sugar, maybe, we should talk about this matter after you calmed down," Bob muttered, looking at me.

"I agree with your friend, you're little shaken and might take a decision you'll regret later," Mr. Wright claimed.

Shaking my head, I told them both firmly, "I know the surgery would fix her condition soon, that's why I want it, and I won't change my mind."

"But you know our hospital is private and the cost will be high," he Mr. Wright told me with a sigh.

"I also know this hospital is one of the best in the US and I want the best for my baby," I told him, "and I can work more, do more nightshifts, to pay the bill."