Chapter 15 - Can't Help Falling In Love

My heart dropped as I watched her run out of sight. I took a few steps in her direction, and the Colonel came up and put a hand in front of me, stopping me.

"You're not going anywhere, Elvis. Let them deal with her."

I pressed my lips together as my chest ached a little. Katelyn's feelings were hurt, and rightfully so. I wasn't a girl, but I had been around girls enough to know their first kiss was a big deal. And I stole hers from her. I felt terrible. No wonder she was upset.

"I'll go and see if she's okay," Sharon said and left. Nancy stayed put for a few seconds then went and followed her, having the expression like she had no choice. I planted my hands on my hips, trying not to go follow them myself. I would apologize.

"Wow, I bet you never had that kind of reaction before, Elvis," Henry remarked with a chuckle.

"No, I haven't, but I haven't had to kiss many girls in the past, for work."

"Well, you sure will in the future. Now, let's get a few more shots while we wait for Katelyn."

I still eyed the way she ran. "Alright."

Henry instructed what he wanted me to do. I really didn't like it when I had to force a smile. I didn't think I would feel better until I knew that Katelyn was okay.

If only I first kissed her under different circumstances. But would I have the guts to kiss her off of the camera? Probably not. I couldn't, actually. It wasn't allowed. But I knew that if I got the chance, it would melt my insides like when I kissed her moments ago. I hadn't had that reaction from kissing a girl before in the few times I had done it. The feeling of those soft lips, the feeling of my fingers against her little waist and how doggone wonderful that felt...

We most likely would have to kiss in the future in front of a camera, since we were a media couple, but this first one would take the cake because it was the one I would never forget. I was told once that the first kiss could tell a lot about how a relationship would turn out. On screen or not, this was our first kiss... and it wasn't great. At least for her. Darn.

~ ~ ~

Katelyn never came back out to the set. Nancy had come out after about ten minutes and told everyone that Katelyn was done for the day. That made my heart drop even more if that were possible, since it was already at my toes.

I eyed the area where Katelyn and I stood when she told me about my unfortunate future as I sat on the sofa in my dressing room after the shoot, about an hour after Katelyn ran away from me. She ran away from me. When had a girl ever done that before? Girls usually chased after me. She was different. That was what made me fall for her in the first place.

And yes, I had fallen for her. Hard. I could admit it. I wouldn't feel so rotten if I wasn't loony about her.

"Hey, Elvis," the Colonel said as he came into the dressing room and shut the door behind him. "You ready to head out soon? We have to be at that interview in an hour, and we have to be there a little early."

I still stared at that spot, and I recalled all the times I had encountered Katelyn. My manager came over to me. "Elvis? Did you hear me?"

"How come more times than not when I'm around her, she has tears in her eyes? That makes my heart hurt somethin' awful."

He let out a long sigh and planted his hands on his hips. He knew who I was referring to. "She's just an emotional girl, that's all. A lot of girls get emotional when they're around you."

"Yeah, but this is different."

"Maybe it has to do with the fact that she knows something about you."