Chapter 4

Aaron followed his fiancé out of the lounge and into the garden. His heart ached. Her eyes had swelled and tears threatened to leak. She made an attempt to hide her face but he had already knew her intentions. She would ask him to break their engagement. If his family was against it, she didn't want to disrupt the family's plans or break any family bonds. After all Tiffany was very close to her family and mostly if not always, wanted the same for everyone else.
She's sniffled. "Tiffany darling, it's ok. Everything will be fine. We can get through this." Aaron said as he tried to pull her into a hug.
"How can it be fine." She replied in between sniffles. "Your family are against this, which means we shouldn't be together. I don't want you to choose between people." There is was. The sentence he dreaded. He hoped she would ease him into the issue, but Tiffany, being a junior doctor, had no time and therefore always went straight to the point. Like ripping a plaster of the skin. "Tiff, how can you say that?" Aaron started, much to his dismay, she cut him off. " Aaron. Stop. We will both be upset. However, you need to help the empire grow. If the stocks are one, no one will be able to come in between. Also your cousin is pretty."
Aaron scoffed. "She's like my sister. That's gross." He had liked his cousin Juliet as a sister, nothing more. He hadn't considered marriage until he met Tiffany. She blew his heart away. That feeling when you drop the expensive china cups, that feeling had sinked into Aaron's body, mainly into his stomach. It was like a pit of lava, churning and churning.
"Aaron, please just go." Tiffany pleaded with him. He knew he should go. He didn't want to. He wanted to hold her, console her. He wanted to elope with her, but knew that she would be devastated to not have her family with her at the wedding. He simply nodded and called an uber,to take him home as he had arrived with his family.