Chapter Eighty-Six - Save Lucifer

Zacznij od początku

Endless questions and chats ensued, mostly led by Chuck until Eden got a text from Dean, asking if Chuck could meet him somewhere.
And so Chuck left Eden and Donatello to make conversation and drink. Most of their topics included what Donatello did for a living - his work as a chemist and how he got interested in such a topic.
When Chuck eventually returned, his face was grave.
"What's wrong?" Eden frowned.
"Your boys met with Metatron." He replied, walking over to sit back down opposite her. "Though, I'm guessing you knew about that."
"I did." Eden nodded. "Anything I should know about?"
"Probably, but Dean will probably fill you in when he gets back." Chuck said, pouring himself another drink.

The next day, the boys returned home. Dean went straight to the kitchen, coming back with drinks.
"I got you a beer. I don't know if you drink." He said to Donatello as he handed him one of the bottles.
"I didn't, but I guess I'm already one bottle of aged Scotch down, so here's to that." The man sighed.
Dean gave Eden a glance.
"I offered him a drink, I surprised him." She shrugged.
"You never get the good stuff out for me." The Winchester frowned.
"You never ask." Eden retorted. "So, what did Metatron have to say?"
"Well," Dean started, placing another bottle of beer opposite where he was sitting for Sam. "I don't know if Chuck is leaning our way."
"What do you mean?" Eden's brows knitted together.
"Chuck's gunna sacrifice himself to Amara in the hopes that she'll calm down if he's out of the picture. I'm thinking, if we do get Lucifer for the added muscle, then... Maybe he'll play ball." The Winchester thought aloud.
"But I thought they hated each other." Donatello said.
"Yeah, they do..." Dean mumbled, putting the beer bottle to his lips to take a large swig.
"Wow... I so miss being an Atheist." The Prophet commented, also sipping his beer as Sam came in from outside.
"Alright, Metatron, make it quick, don't touch anything." He said when he got to the bottom of the stairs.
"You brought that egotistical moron here?" Eden glared at the man coming down to their level.
"Pleasure to see you again too, Eden." Metatron smiled. "Dean! Thanks for inviting me."
"Inviting you? You've been circling the building all night. You sent me two hundred text messages with dumbass emojis. You're lucky I didn't send Eden out there to char-grill your eyeballs. You've got three minutes." Dean grumbled.
Sam took a seat next to Eden, leaning over to kiss her temple before putting his feet up on the map table and taking her hand.
"So, you were the one I heard outside... Damn, if I'd have known it was you, I would've gone out there and buried you alive, myself." Eden gave a bitter-sweet smile.
Metatron's gaze found the Prophet. He wandered over to him with a grin, pointing a finger at him.
"Donatello! Pleasure to meet you." The scribe said, shaking the man's hesitant hand. "Metatron; Scribe of God. I was there when you were designed. I wrote your name on the inside of the Angels' eyelids."
"He's freaking me out." Donatello looked to Dean.
"Okay, you said you wanted to help." The older brother interjected, looking up at the scribe. "Besides world-class douchery, what do you have to offer?"
"Oh, nothing. I just transcribed the Angel tablet and know all the spells. And I know what makes Amara tick. And I had a relationship with the big guy for eons. Shall I keep going?" Metatron retorted, sitting down on the side of Sam Eden wasn't sat on, stealing his beer.
"Hey, ah, that's mine!" The younger brother protested, taking his feet off the table and snatching the beer back before Metatron was able to take a sip. "As much as I hate to admit this, he kinda has a point."
"I don't know." Dean mumbled.
"Oh, jeez." Metatron scoffed. "You need all the help you can get. Even douche help."
"Wait a second, since when did you jump on the 'God' wagon?" The older brother asked. "You never used to give a damn."
"I didn't, at one time." The scribe replied. "Now he's gone all kamikaze, leaving us with the Darkness, I... I was by his side since the creation. He believed in me. If there's something I can do to help save him - and his creation, then... It seems like I should."
A sadness filled the air all of a sudden. Metatron seemed to be being sincere.
Dean gave a small nod.
"The plan is to rescue Lucifer from Amara." He said. "Then he teleports us out of Amara's hideout and we convince Chuck to use him to fight her."
Metatron gave a hissed laugh.
"That's your plan? Do you even know where Amara is?" He asked.
"Um, I think I might know where she is." Donatello raised his hand, drawing everyone's attention to him. "I've been getting this vibe; it's like a ping in my cerebral cortex."
"Oh, so, either Amara or a stroke." The scribe retorted.
Eden clicked her fingers. When Metatron went to talk again, he couldn't. He glared to the Dark Angel, who smirked.
"God, I wish I could do that in our last meeting." She commented, earning breathy chuckles from the Winchesters.
The scribe raised his hand, a pleading look in his face.
Eden rolled her eyes, snapping her fingers again.
"Jeez, touchy, much?" Metatron scoffed. Eden went to snap her fingers once more. "Ah, ah, ah, no wait! I just wanted to ask how we plan on keeping Amara busy while we're liberating Lucifer."
"That's on me." Dean replied.
"The Hell it is." Eden frowned. "I'll do it. If she wants to prove to me in some way that she's still the Aunty Amara I adored as a child, then she can."
"No, we'll probably need you to help us with Lucifer." Sam said.
"Oh, yes. Because me and Lucifer in the same room's worked out so well in the past." Eden cocked a brow.
"Eden, please... If nothing else, we could probably use your strength. If Cas' vessel is half as bad as Dean saw it to be, then he's likely going to need carrying out." Sam sighed. "Or... If it doesn't go our way and Amara comes back too soon, you can try and talk her down or be our back-up distraction."
The girl huffed.
"Fine..."