Clay hesitantly grabbed the small, elongated packaging. It was red with yellow stripes. Big, fancy letters were spread around it, creating the word "ChocoCocoLove". In a smaller font it said "Love your chocolate, love your Empire! Long live the King!"

Clay turned the strange packaging in his hand, examining it further. On the back there were a lot of words he did not know, summarized as ingredients.
He raised his head and looked at the man.
"What is this?"

"That's a chocolate bar." Henry said, amused.

"What is a chocolate?"

Henry chuckled.
"You never had chocolate?"

Clay shook his head. What if chocolate actually was something like poison and Henry tried to kill him?

He pushed that absurd thought away quickly; if Henry wanted to kill him he could just use his power, whatever it was.

"Just try it. It's really good and you won't be that hungry. It's with coconut though, I don't know if you like that."

Clay carefully teared the crackling paper apart. Inside it was completely silver, embracing a dark brown, cuboid-like bar.

He slowly brought it to his mouth, sticking his tongue out slightly, touching the cuboid for a second. He quickly pulled it back.

Then he carefully took a small bite, revealing the white inside of the bar.

He had never tasted anything like this.
The chocolate melted as soon as it touched his tongue, spreading a warm feeling through his entire body.

It was sweet, but even more than sweet, Clay never thought anything could be that sweet. The mixture of the white inside and the dark brown covering confused his taste buds, but it was good, kind of.

A thought struck him; was this what luxury tasted like?

He took another few bites, causing his stomach to completely forget his previous hunger and pouncing on the unique feeling this small bar created.

After some time, Clay began to speak again.
"Do you regret it? Saving me?"

Henry turned his head, looking at the boy on the floor for a few seconds.

"Every human life is precious."

"You Pretiosi don't see us as humans."
Clay's heart skipped a beat as he realised he had spoken without thinking again, but Henry remained calm.

"However, I just visited to make sure you got home safe. And that they hadn't taken you aswell."

"They will soon. My birthday is in 4 days."

Henry frowned.
"I thought you have a job."

"I don't."

"Then what were you doing in St. George's?"

"In- in what?

Henry frowned even more.
"Town of St. George's. It's named after m- after Prince George. You visited it this morning."

"Oh."
Clay nearly made a snappy comment but he wasn't dumb enough to make a joke about the Prince- everyone in the Pretiosi Empire loved him and even the Vilis community didn't dare to be disrespectful towards him.

"You don't seem to know a lot about the world you live in."

"That's not the world I live in. I live in this village, I always have and- well I will until my birthday."

Henry sighed and stared into the void for a moment.
"Don't worry about your birthday."

A dry laugh escaped Clay's throat.
"Yeah sure, I won't worry at all about the day I'll be taken by the army to fight at the front and die." He said sarcastically.