Chapter 2: The Beast

Start from the beginning

No it's not true. It cant be true, right?

"It's a true story...He was my cousin," he said shaking his head. I looked back at him about to tell him sorry but I saw something behind him.

"This is just some silly story to make me scared," I said standing up. He looked at me confused then looked behind him. His eyes got wider and he backed up.

It was like two flashlights low to the ground like shinning blue eyes. Flashlights. Mack. Mack and Sebastian was playing a joke on me.

"Shut up Cody," he said backing away from the lights. I ignored him.

"Mackenzie this isn't funny," I said. Something growled out at me. I was about to say something else but something jumped on me. It attacked me. I fell back hitting my head on a rock. My head was starting to pound in a rhythm. I heard Sebastian screaming beside me but I couldn't move to get to him. After awhile I heard a wolf howl and he stopped screaming and I stopped staring at the moon.

I was staring at a boy. He had dark brown eyes with light brown hair. He was laughing with other girls. After awhile he went into his sleeping bag and fell asleep. He heard screaming making him shoot up in the bag. He got up crawling out his tent. When he looked around he couldn't help but choke on tears. He...we saw so much blood. It was everywhere. No one was screaming anymore. They were all dead. He went out and something attacked him sending me back to the darkness.

"How could you do this?" I heard someone ask. I moaned trying to open my eyes but I couldn't.

"He's losing blood fast. Get them in the car," a women said. I imagined her bending down because someone rubbed their hand against my cheek. Another person lifted me. I groaned from the pain in my head. Again it went dark.

"Don't go out in that forest Aiden," his father yelled. Aiden looked at him then turned walking out the door and slamming it behind him. His father sighed running his hands through his hair and going through his cabinet. He didn't seem to find what he was looking for. He dug through his pocket and slammed his hand on the table. His car keys were gone.

He went and grabbed some different keys and ran out the house. Aiden was in the forest this time he was swinging a bat at the wolf that continued to attack him.

"You're the one who killed them! Why don't you shift and fight like a human!" he yelled at the wolf. Whatever he meant the wolf ignored him. The bat was pulled out his hand. The wolf took that time to fight him back. Aiden got down on hands and knees and started turning. He turned into a black wolf with the sound of his bones cracking filling the air. He attacked the wolf back but the the other normal wolf killed him. Aiden turned back into a human and leaned against the tree while he died.

After while his dad showed up. He looked so familair yet I couldn't put my hand on it. His face looks like I wake up to it every morning. He leaned over his dead sons body and closed his eyes with the tears running down them. When he opened them again he broke down crying and fell on his knees.

"I told you to be careful Aiden. I told you!" he screamed out. He cried again wiping his eyes. That was my father. "Be careful Cody, be careful." Thats what he always told me before I left the house.

My father lost his son and his wife. He remarried my mom and had me. I have... had a brother. My father was trying to send me a secret message with the word careful. Careful to him doesn't just mean to avoid danger. It means something else to him completely.

Careful: don't get lost, don't die. I can't lose more then I've already lost.

That is what careful means to my father. He loves me too much for me to die and look what I'm doing. Not being careful.

"Cody, come on wake up Cod's," I heard someone plead. I looked up to see some woman.

"Where? Where am I?" I asked. I was expecting to be in a hospital but I was in a room.

"My name is Cameron. This is going to sound crazy but just sit up," she smiles softly at me. I pull myself up. I don't feel the pounding in my head anymore. What kind of medication are they giving me?

"Okay Cody. This my room, my fathers house. Everyone calls me Cam. They call me the future luna," she said waiting for something to click in my head. I just stared at her. She sighed and continued,"this is what we call a pack house. I am what you call a shifter. I'm a werewolf Cody."

I laughed at her. I couldn't help from breaking out and laughing. She frowned at me.

"They gave you too much," she murmured to herself. I looked past her head. It was a boy. Aiden. My brother.

"Listen to her little bro. You're one too. Don't worry though. You can change them. You're going to be the future ruler. You're going to be their alpha," he said smiling at me. I shook my head. He couldn't be here. He's dead,"you're right I am dead dear brother but I'm still here in spirits."

"So I'm going to be the future alpha I'm guessing," I said out loud looking at Cam to avoid looking at Aiden. Her face turned red.

"How do you know that?" She asked me.

"Aiden told me...my brother told me," I said nodding my head behind me. She turned and looked then looked back at me. Aiden stared right at her and chuckled.

"What's your last name?" She asked.

"No I want to ask you questions. So this is real. You're a werewolf," I said shaking my head. Please tell me no.

"You are one too mi amor," she smiled at me. I looked at her confused about the nickname but she didn't elaborate.

"How?"

"Well you and your friend Sebastian I think is his name was out on a full moon. Kenzie or Mack as you call her is a wolf and she attacked you both because she has no control over the full moon. None of us do," she explained.

"Sebastian," I said wondering where he is.

"He's fine. He's Kenzie's mate," she said.

"Mate?"

"It means the person you're destined to be with. She was my mate but since I died before I meet her she was assigned another mate by the moon goddess," Aiden said pointing to the back of her head.

"Before you say something let me take a guess and say you're my mate, I'm destined to be with you from a moon goddess whoever she is, and you were Aiden's mate," I said raising my eyebrows. She nodded.

"I don't know who my mate was but I knew he died," she said turning from me. I could see her eyes fill with tears.

"My last name is Barnes. Cody Barnes," I said.

She smiled nodding.

"Come. I want the future alpha to meet you," she held her hand out to me. I took her hand and let her pull me up.

Here it is. I'm going to be an alpha and I'm going to make a change and I have to marry the Luna and worst of all I'm seeing my dead brother who I didn't even know he was my brother.

If only Sebastian didn't make that dare I wouldn't be in this problem and I would still be listening to my father about being careful.