Jersey's stomach was a little bubbly as she tried to maintain her composure. She looked around the office and realized it was hers. She had an office as a tutor, but it was a cubbyhole. As the executive associate, her new office was a huge upgrade.

She had a great view from her window. Jersey was able to see buildings, traffic, and pedestrians from so many stories up. Her office was empty due to it being cleaned out. Only a Scandinavian desk and rolling chair occupied the room; She had plans to decorate.

"Thank you, God." She whispered to herself while running her manicured hands against the glass on her executive desk. Jersey was very thankful. She had the opportunity to make some real money.

A lone tear slipped out of her right eye as she fell into her thoughts.

Knock, Knock!

The unexpected knocks startled her. Quickly, she wiped her face and instructed the knocker to come in.

"Hi!" The jolly woman walked in with a stack of manila folders in the crook of her arm.

"...Hey," Jersey responded slowly, examining the woman who seemed very happy. "Can I help you?"

"No, but I'm here to help you." The stranger responded and laughed a little, causing Jersey to plaster a small smile on her face. She realized Jersey didn't catch the joke, so she seized it.

"My name is Lesere." She introduced herself. "I pretty much run errands around here for everyone on this floor."

Jersey nodded her head as a way of understanding.

"I'm an intern, so I'm only trying to get on your good side. If you need anything, let me know. I make trips to the copy room, pickup lunches, coffees and so much more."

"Well, thank you, Lesere. I'll keep that in mind."

Lesere smiled at her. She stood there dressed professionally—a casual blouse, slacks, and some flats for comfort. Her hair was thick and coily; she wore it in a low puff. Her skin was rich and dark, like an umber tone. 

"I'll leave my phone number with you." Lesere continued as she set a business card on Jersey's desk. "Like I said, call or text me. I'll be here to help you. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to make a run. Ms. Joana texted me twice asking about her documents."

As soon as Lesere left out, Jersey went to work. She logged into her systems and immediately started managing her task list. Her eyes squinted when she realized she had to get some documents from Radhika—Malcolm's request. Since she was his CEO assistant, he gave her permission to sign his paperwork in his absence.

"Fuck." She whispered underneath her breath.

She picked up Lesere's card and read it.

"Lesere Udo..." Jersey trailed off. She would need her help sooner than she expected.

▲▲▲

Malcolm didn't feel better until three days later. He spent most of his time in bed. After sleeping for hours and drinking the concoctions Jersey made, he felt better. 

He picked up his usual iced tea and headed straight to Dwayne's place. He would be unlocking the flash drives. Malcolm didn't seem worried about it, but he was curious to know what was on them.

"This shit looks weird." Dwayne stated as he examined the flash drives. They were flat, almost like cards with usb connectors.

"Yeah, well let's get to it." Malcolm ordered.

"Let's see what we got here," Dwayne commented, pushing the first flash drive into his laptop. He waited for the computer to respond and eventually started clicking around. After using his unlock tool, he was granted access to the files.