Chapter 7: The Girl

Start from the beginning

The next way was a Saturday. Rosie woke and was hoping that no one knew about the events of the previous night. She ate breakfast and no one mentioned anything. She then remembered that she left her backpack on the floor with all the letters and pictures in it. She got nervous she was sure the maid was going to find it. Rosie got up.

"May I be excused?" asked Rosie.

"I suppose so, are you done eating?" asked Annabeth.

"Yes man" said Rosie.

"Then Yes" said Annabeth.

Rosie ran off to her room. Just as she got there the maid was picking up her bag

"Um.. that's ok I need" said Rosie grabbing it. She then ran off

She was stopped by Will.

"What's the hurry?" he asked.

"No hurry" said Rosie.

"You are all out of breathe" said Will.

"I just left something in the field last night and am worried about it" answered Rosie.

"Why have your been spending so much time out there?"

"I just like it. It is a good place to think"

"About what?"

"Art"

Rosie ran off.

Will shrugged and walked away. He was stopped by Robbie.

"What's the matter?" asked Robbie.

"I don't know Rosie is being weird" answered Will.

"That's not new, why is she in such a hurry?"

"She said she left something in the field and was worried about it."

"She spends way to much time out there" said Robbie.

"Who cares she leaves us alone" said Will.

"I am worried she up to something" said Robbie.

"She always is" said Will walking away.

Robbie stood there and thought about it for awhile.

Out in the field, Rosie snuck out into the woods, to get to town. She wondered how much time she had before, she was going to be looked for. She decided not to worry about it.She made here way into town and to the house. She waited outside the door she wasn't sure whatever was going to say yet. She soon knocked. The girl answered the door. Rosie was silent for a moment. The girl looked shocked.

"Dad I am going for a quick walk with a friend to talk" she yelled. She then closed the door and came out.

"Your Rosie" said the girl.

"Yes how did you know?"

"Lets talk over here" said the girl leading her away.

The started to walk and talk.

"Charlie told me about you, he said you were going to get him out and he left clues for you."

"He left me these" said Rosie taking the pictures out.

"And you found me just by a picture?"

"Well I recognized the pin on your shirt"

"Charlie said your were clever and smart"

"Thanks, how do you know, well I can guess your were secretly dating"

"Ya we were. We would spend it in the woods talking and taking pictures. He said he would not let you come, because he didn't want you to have to keep the secret."

Rosie smiled. They made their way into the woods so they were alone.

"What happened that day?"

"Well we were walking when we came across the body. Charlie told me to leave and never tell anyone you were here. He knew he was going to be accused, and didn't want me involved. He sent me a note before he left. He said we could not talk or send letters. It would bring to much attention. He said you would be around to fix and you would need my help."

"Oh and my name is Fiona"

Rosie was silent.

"I'm trying to free him.Last night that was me following you. I didn't want to scare you and wanted to wait till I had more time to talk. I was so close to being caught, but I made it back in bed before I did."

"He said you were pretty fearless to"

Rosie smiled.

"I have a problem, my brother Robbie sold his camera. I don't know to who yet. but I need to find it, it could have evidence."

"We have another. No can know we talked." said Fiona.

"Ya that to, my family is generally clueless to what I do. They actually pay zero attention to me. I can find the camera."

"Ok that's good, we can meet here every Saturday."

They were at the creek by the willow tree.

"That sounds good to me. What makes no sense to me is how there was no evidence gathered, Charlie was sent straight to jail. I am assuming Mr. Mallory paid them, but a slight investigation had to be done and the records have to be somewhere" said Rosie.

"Lets focus on the cameras. Let me know if you need anything" said Fiona.

"Thanks" said Rosie hugging her.

Fiona smiled.

"What time is it?" asked Rosie.

"Almost noon" said Fiona.

"Oh no I have to go"

Rosie got up and ran off. Fiona sat there watching her.