Stranger Valentine's: Marco x Reader

Stranger Valentines: [Marco x Reader]

The coffee shop had a strong coffee aroma in the air and a soft lively music played in the background. You really liked how the place was set up; very simple but classy. Your [Eye Color] orbs wondered around for approximately 20 minutes now, even though there was absolutely nothing you haven't seen in the first 5 minutes that you arrived. You practically memorized every stain and crack on the walls.

Actually, you weren't really interested in the coffee shop's interior design. You were just trying to avoid awkward eye contact with the person sitting right opposite of you. You tried not to be rude but you just couldn't look at him.

It's not that he was terrible looking or had a bad personality or anything like that. He's quite nice actually. Dark brown hair complimenting his slightly tan complexion and honey brown eyes. His cheeks were dusted with freckles which was a plus. Not to mention his overly sweet personality. Such a gentleman, really. He pulled your chair for you when you first arrived. He even allowed you to take your order first and constantly gave you a heart melting smile when you made eye contact.

You turned to your cellphone once again. No notifications, no messages, no miss call. You shook your legs anxiously and chewed on your lower lips. "Uhm... Ms. [Last Name], was it?" He broke the silence. You looked up immediately.

"[N-Name] is just fine!" You answered, blinking at him.

"Are you... uncomfortable being here with me?" He asked cautiously. That question takes you aback. "If it is, I can leave now."

"N-No! Not at all." You put your hands before you. "You're not making me uncomfortable, I promise." He tilted his head a little at you. "I just... have a bad feeling that [Friend's Name] and Jean ditched us."

There was silence in the air for a little while.

"E-Eh? D-Ditched us?" He widened his eyes. He looked around anxiously, a small bead of sweat visible at his forehead. Considering Jean and [Friend's Name] personalities, they would actually do it.

Just then, both your cellphones buzzed, causing you both to jump at the same time. You both exchanged nervous smiles before attending to your respective cellphones. It was a text from [Friend's Name]:

Sorry, Jean & I can't go to our double date today! Have fun you two!

You stared at the message with shaky hands. Your blood drained from your body. You looked up to find him have a similar expression, looking at you with his mouth slightly ajar. "They ditched us..." He breathed.

CURSE YOU, [FRIEND'S NAME] AND THAT STUPID HORSE FACE!

"Uhm... What do we do now?" You asked, looking down at the garden tickets that were in the center of the table. The garden was said to be one of the largest in the world and had a lake with a jetty in it. It was pretty difficult to get the tickets but [Friend's Name] begged and begged and eventually got them. She invited you while Jean invited his friend, saying it was a double date on Valentine's Day. You didn't want to at first because you know how awkward you get when you come face to face with a date. [Friend's Name] nearly broke into tears and finally you agreed to the double date.

AND NOW HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO HAVE A DOUBLE DATE WHEN THERE'S ONLY THE BOTH OF YOU?!

"It's a waste to just not use it, huh?" He said, picking up the tickets and taking a better look at it. "Is it okay... If we go together?" Blood rushed to your cheeks and you stiffened. He panicked a little at your reaction. "I meant! Only as friends! You don't have to! I just figured it was better than giving them away!" He explained.