Chapter 5:

I was on my phone at four-thirty am. After my trip in the market in which I had bought a glittering bottle of "faery" dust, finding it ironic, and a beautifully woven scarf that was black complete with purple and blue shimmering strands. Alleeah didn't wait up for me which I was grateful for, had I known I would've been gone so long I would've told her myself not to stay up. She must have known. I had been so late because I had swept the entire area, checking for more Trackers/spies. I had made sure I checked things...thoroughly.

I spoke into the phone; preparing things...

"Yes, I'd like you to ship in the usuals by twelve pm a.s.a.p., got it?" I said, a threat laced in my voice.

"Yes, yes, your items shall be there by then I promise you," the young man said, worriedly.

I nodded to myself and said "Good, I'd hope so," and ended the call.

I dialed one last number before going to meditate a bit.

"Cane?" I asked, unsure.

"Yes, Sery," he answered.

"Will you look up someone for me? His name's Jaymie Rink. See who he was working for. Or at least the name the person goes by from whom he was sent," I said, clipped.

"As you wish. Goodbye Sery," Cane said.

"Cane!" I urged before he hung up.

"Yes?" He mumbled, a hint of amusement in his voice which I pointedly ignored.

"Be careful, okay? Jaymie wasn't exactly...normal."

I swore I could hear him stifle a laugh, "Sery...you know me."

With that he hung up.

He was right I did know him, to some degree. Cane is my private agent. He trusts me, I trust him and it all comes down to money. Cane gets paid a hefty amount due to his loyalties... And no matter how hard the task, Cane never fails... Although I never thought to ask how or why. It wasn't my concern, but I had a suspicion that Cane wasn't "just" a human himself...

I shook my head and looked at a wall mirror... Seeing my appearance was a bit startling after days of not bothering to glance in a mirror or lake, even when I showered here. I have blue-green eyes, that if a human were to stare into and I added pressure it would appear the colors were swirling, drawing, pulling them forward and a brilliant smile that could all on its own dazzle the most strong-willed human, complete with my white-blonde hair.

My thoughts drift and I find myself exhausted and worried. My brain swims- I have to keep my blood safe. So moving to Ontario, in a woodsy area SHOULD be safe, but not forever. I expect I will have visitors, but nothing I can't handle, I assume. Especially with the extra security and secludedness.

I listen and hear Alleeah tossing and turning in an unfit sleep. She must've been having nightmares again. I sighed and went up the stairs, going straight to her room. I entered and watched her toss and turn, tears leaked down her face which was contorted in agony. I reached out and gently placed my hand on her forehead, massaging. Alleeah instantly relaxed, her face smoothed out and her breathing regulated. She seemed so human when she was at rest, but didn't we all?... I smiled, knowing she'd sleep better, she was, after all, family and my only family now whether she was human or more.

Walking from the room, I found myself heading towards the kitchen. Opening the fridge I pulled out something with rice, vegetables, and meat. I turned and popped it into the very stylish microwave and waited. My thoughts never left the reality of my predicament- my blood was precious and I needed to keep it safe. I was the last pure blood, Alleeah was family. Those thoughts chased me as I pulled out the food from the microwave and began eating.

Bloody Involvementsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें