"(Y/n), you didn't fall asleep on me. You actually fell in the other direction."

Fell in the other direction. If I fell in the other direction then I fell onto Tom. Horror struck your face. "But, but you were playing with my hair."

Andi raised her hands in the air. "Wasn't me chica. Actually quite adorable. You were snuggled up close to his leg. He was playing with your hair. He even cleaned the dishes before he left."

He cleaned the dishes? He didn't have to do that. That was our mess. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Oh no. No no no. There was no way I was going to wake you up. If you don't previously know you're going to be woken up from sleep for any reason, then you are mean. You slapped me once because I woke you up to tell you to put sunscreen on before your back became a tomato at the beach."

This is embarrassing. Tom is a ten, I am maybe a six. Seven and a half on good days. He does not need a girl falling asleep on him that he barely knows.

You rubbed your eyes trying to get rid of the images playing in your head of what you imagined Tom was thinking. He was probably too nice to not want to disturb you, but still.

You grabbed your phone to three new messages.

Mind Reader
Today 9:20

Mind Reader
Hey sorry we didn't say goodbye. You fell asleep and we didn't want to disturb you
We had a lot of fun, thanks for the pizza
Might have to try and get that recipe out of you one day

Today 10:30

You
I'm so sorry. You should've just pushed me on top of Andi or woken me up
Glad you liked it, but there's no way you're getting that recipe

Mind Reader
Are you just now getting up?
It was no big deal. You seemed so peaceful
I'll get it one day

You
No. I'm just now checking my phone

Good lie there (y/n). You could be a spy with how well you know how to put together a small lie. You rolled your eyes at yourself. Don't know if he'll buy it but whatever.

You
Well thanks
Dream on boy

Mind Reader
These separate conversations are starting to confuse me

You
Yeah me too. Let's condense it into one

Mind Reader
As much as I would love to continue this conversation, I have to go. I was on break from training but it's time to go back. I'll text you after

You
Ok. Have fun!

You put your phone down and let out a sigh. It was now Friday. You only had today and tomorrow left here in California before you leave Sunday morning. Last night could quite possibly be the last time you ever saw Tom or Harrison. The thought honestly made you a little sad. Their company was highly entertaining every time they were around.

"You alright?" Andi handed you a mug as she sat on the couch beside you.

"Yeah. Kinda sad our trip is almost over." You brought the mug up to your lips tasting the hazelnut coffee.

"Me too, but I have to admit this has been the best part."

"I think so too." You smiled.

Tom's POV

It's Saturday. The day before (y/n) and Andi leave to go all the way back to South Carolina. Thousands of miles apart. I've spent my whole life not knowing either of these girls, but now it's kinda sad knowing they won't be a phone call away to hang out.