75

OCTOBER // 4TH WEEK // NEXT DAY 

I know people be thinking that don't ask don't tell shit is for the birds, but I guess I'm fucking tweety bitch.

That night after Jamie and I left the hotel and made a bee-line back to her house, I got a message from Cut saying that he hit a big lick and is going to be on the road for a few weeks. A few days later news was hot on the trail of Ramirez's murder who was not only a business tycoon, but had a warrant out for his arrest. Something about money laundering or some shit. Truthfully, I wish I was surprised but at this point I had a strong chip on my shoulder about the fact that 1, Cut was more than likely not going to tell me shit how he not telling me shit about Sparkle and how 2, Blu was starting to muscle his way closer to me and I didn't like the shit at all.

I was praying that if this was as big as a lick as Cut was making it out to be with money bags and shit, I could stop entertaining Blu and get back to shit that mattered. But.. Until then, Blu has my location and knows my every move.

Since you tryna stay from round me, drop that location and don't stop sharing it. Don't worry, I ain't going to pull up on you like a nigga don't got business. But just be wet for me when I start to miss that shit lil'ma.

Please, whatever god is chilling up there, let this be a break in sight. Cause I already see the snowball turn into a fullblown avalanche.

-

"How I look, Jamie?"

Jamie was still in the bed in her sportsbra and shorts, smoking and scrolling through her phone. She took a glance at me, smiled, and nodded in approval. I ain't rock nothing too special, just a white knit tee and blue high-waist jeans and my pink Valentino Garavni sandals that Cut gifted.

I didn't want my daddy to believe that I was struggling nor did I want him to  be let on to anything that I had going on, either.

"Where you told your daddy to meet you?" quizzed Jamie.

"Some place call Sérêvène on Collins."

"Oh, daddy pulling out all the stops!" she teased, taking another long drag of the loud-packed blunt. "You going to Uber or you want to take my car?"

"You not going to need it?"

"Girl, no. Bear is out of town and you know I gottta focus on packing up these orders. I'm behind a whole week."

"Now Jamie-"

"I already know, girl, I already know. Imma hop on it today while you out. Oh! I wanted to ask you-"

She took a long inhale and blew smoke through her nose before continuing. 

"I'm going to be looking at some places for my warehouse and like a lil' area I can start doing lashes out of and I wanted to know if you'd be down to come with us?"

"Us?" I brushed out my wavy bundles and added a little mousse at the top to lay down the flyaways.

"Yeah, Bear, Blu and I."

Oh for fuck's sake!

I took a pause, really weighing the options of this shit before opting for a cop out.

"You sure that won't be cockblocking you and bear? Don't get shit twisted, i'm happy as fuck for you that that nigga want to build you up, but I don't want to see y'all kiss and shit." I added, ending my plea with a snicker.

"Girl, not even all that! At least not with his Uncle and shit. I just really want my girl to be there because who knows we could be slaying the fuck out of these girls' faces and lashes together."