Chapter 7: Picnic

Start from the beginning

He laughed too. 'Okay.'

'Is that you?' Dan, who was crouching down behind me said, pointing at a photo. It was the one with the nine year old Kazu, holding a baby in his arms, grinning at the camera.

'Yeah...'

'Awww you look so cute!' Bonnie said.

'Not really.' I said honestly.

At that moment (thank goodness) Matthew, Harry, Devon and Alfred came out and joined us.

'Sorry we're late!' Matthew (I think) said apologetically.

'Where were you?'

'In town.' Harry replied.

'Lucky...' I heard Rupert mutter.

They laughed as they sat down, forming a circle.

'I don't think we've properly introduced ourselves.' One of them said to me. 'I'm Devon Murray. I'll be the kid that just seems to end up with smears and burn marks on his face.'

I laughed at this one: Seamus Finnegan.

'I'll be Neville Longbottom; Matthew Lewis. You can call me Matt.'

'Heya, I'm Alfred Enoch and will be Dean Thomas.'

'Aaand you know me.'

'Pleasure.' I smiled.

'Can we eat now?' Rupert whined: his stomach rumbled loudly.

'Of course.' Emma laughed.

Harry dumped a big bag of McDonald's ripped it open to reveal a mountain of French fries.

'Gosh Harry...' Dan gaped at the fries. Harry grinned.

'I wanted to do this kind of thing...' I whispered, amused.

'Do you like those?'

'Well, I'll prefer the fries at KFC but I don't mind Maccas.'

'Well here you go then.' Harry pushed the bag towards the middle of the circle.

'Thanks.' I laughed, taking one.

'You're such a lady.' Rupert said, taking two handfuls. I gave him a look.

'What's so bad about being a lady?' Emma said taking one of my meat balls.

'Yeah.' said Bonnie taking a cheese and bacon roll.

Rupert shrugged.

'Oohh ginger ale!' I said pointing to what Alfred took out. 'Can I have some?'

'Go ahead.' But he stopped. 'Uhhh... Anyone brought cups?'

'Thought you would say that.' Tom said as he placed a stack of plastic cups.

'Tom, you're a life saver.' Alfred said, pouring some drink in one of the cups. 'Here you go.'

'Thank you!'

'Oh - strawberries!' Bonnie reached out for the plate in front of Matt.

'Do you guys want to leave out the sweet for now?' Dan said, nodding to the cookies, chocolates, lollies and his scone.

'Yeah I don't see why not.'

So the sweets were placed to the side.
'Rupert, slow down!'

Everyone looked at Rupert to see him stuffing every food he could reach into his plate or his mouth.

'Eating competition, eh?' Harry said. 'Bring it on!'

Rupert said something but we couldn't hear him.