32.2) The cat is out of the bag

Start from the beginning

"No, hon. You didn't do anything. I'm being stupid here." He knows he's being ridiculous. He knows Korn loves Kai and is much better man than him so it bothered him a bit when Kai said he was talking to Korn. Kai won't ever look at Korn in a romantic way but still, he got a bit jealous.

"But why? Tell me." Kai whines. He can't tell. It's not his place.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sorry." Zen coos and pecks Kai's lips.

Kai tugs at Zen's sweater, still trying to persuade him to tell the reason he got iffy earlier for a few minutes.

"Mhmmm, I want to take you somewhere tomorrow so don't make any other plans, okay?" Kai gets curious and looks at Zen in question.

"Where?"

"It's a surprise." Zen smiles smugly.

"I want to know, Zennnnn." Kai whines making Zen chuckle at his child like behavior.

"It's for you only. You'll find out tomorrow." Kai lightly punches Zen's chest, sulking and tries to get up but Zen pulls him back down grabs him by his nape.

"It's a matter of just one day." Zen whispers and slams his lips of Kai's, making the latter moan softly whose eyes then turn wide as he pulls away from the kiss and looks here and there, hoping that Artem and Keit didn't hear him.

"It was such a faint sound. No one heard it, Kai." Zen reassures him.

"Yeah, yeah. You control yourself. Kiss me tomorrow then. After you give me the surprise."

It is now Zen's eyes that go wide.

"What?"

"It's just a matter of one day, Zen. Don't complain." Kai smiles cheekily and frees himself from Zen's hold and announces that he's going to make breakfast. Zen also follows him to kitchen counter to help him and steals a few kisses here and there.

Artem steps out of the room and hears some bickering coming from the kitchen's direction. He laughs when he sees Zen being clingy and Kai elbowing him on his stomach.

"Stop pestering Kai, you cartoon." Zen turns back and glares at his best friend as Kai snickers.

"Are you my best friend or his?" Zen asks, feigning offence.

"Obviously yours. That's why it's my moral duty to piss you off every chance I get." Kai and Artem snicker as Zen cross his arms, watching the two in annoyance.

"Aww, don't get annoyed." Artem rounds his arm on Zen shoulder and Kai wraps his arms around Zen's waist.

"You are forever stuck with us." Kai mumbles and smiles teasingly at the silver eyed man.

"I won't change it for anything in this world." Zen smiles as the two dorks aww at his reply.

"We need to wake up the kid. It's getting quite late and he said his friends will be visiting the hospital today." Artem reminds the two of them. Zen nods and goes in Keit's room. The boy is wrapped up in his blanket like a burrito and his face holds distress. Zen frowns. Yesterday's events have taken a toll on him. They should've comforted Keit more and should've not allowed him to be alone.

"Wake up, Keit." Zen calls him softly.

No response.

Zen pulls the blanket slightly away from Keit and he starts squirming.

"Wake up, Keit. We have to go to the hospital. Your friends will visit today. Did you forget?"

Keit rubs his eye with one hand and stretches with the other, yawning.