"Okay thanks for the history lesson Rick" I gave the man a small smile " but how did we discover this new pit I'm sure not many students or people could walk in a place that has a barrier spell around it?" I watched his head hit the table with a soft thud as he murmured who found it and undid the spell.

"What was that?" I asked the man sighed and repeated his sentence.

" I said Lizzie,my daughter found it but she swears there wasn't any spell around it." My eyes furrowed " what would lizzie being that far away from the school? She usually just goes to the square or the mall?"

"Apparently she got turned around and lost when she was on a walk to get away from the disgusting image of watching her sister and hobbit kiss her words not mine" he said repressing a shudder at probably thinking about his daughter in a compromising position with the hobbit. I couldn't help the laugh that came from my mouth when I saw Ricks face contort into an disgusting expression.

"I'm sorry rick" I apologized before I sighed and leaned my head on the back of the sofa.

"But how are these things formed ? Is it just a natural occurrence ? Or is there a trigger?" I questioned with my eyes closed.

"I'm not sure but I do want some witches to try and put a barrier spell around the crypt whatever or however it's created we need to make sure it stays contained." He said seriously I nodded and decided to share the information I found when I was in New Orleans. I explained everything to rick about what Kol told me and what I read in the letter but I told him I wasn't able to unseal the scroll yet since he called and said I needed to get back here.

"So Malivore was never supposed to created for the monsters we faced so far?" I shook my head

"No it seems like whatever is in Malivore needs to stay there but if Malivore is freed whatever this demon is might be released with him" I inhaled a breath and looked at Alaric " and then Malivore will be the least of our problems Alaric"

" it's just one thing after the other but hopefully we stop Malivore before he has the opportunity to be raised" he said somewhat optimistically.

"It's great to be optimistic rick I've got no problem with that but we need to plan for the worst case scenario"by the look on ricks face he agreed with me.

"That's great but we have no idea how these pits are forming,what the trigger is and why there hasn't been any monsters yet"

I nodded at the man and understood the frustration in his voice we didn't  have many answers.We knew Malivore needed the three keys to rise and Landon activated them but the Hope took a dive into the pit and closed it. Now there was another one was it a natural occurrence and why in those specific spots.

" is there anything we can use to find out whether this thing is a natural occurrence or whether it contains magical properties ?" I asked rubbing my chin thoughtfully.Alaric snapped his fingers and stood to his feet and ran over to the books he had and looked through them.

I watched the man curiously for a couple of minutes before I decided to ask what he was looking for.

"Bro not that I don't appreciate the exuberance you're showcasing right now" I said the man scoffed but ignored it and continued " but mind telling me what you're looking for?"

"Yeah yeah I read something when I did my thesis in university about something called the Lazarus pit, it would form naturally and have healing properties they formed all over the world or so it was said" he recited from memory I nodded along though I didn't understand what that had to do with our current situation.

"Okay and for those of us that didn't find pits interesting? What does that have to do with our situation?"

" absolutely nothing!" He said excitedly I narrowed my eyes and sighed