Late Late Valentine's Day

George's POV:

It's Valentine's Day! My favorite day of the whole year! I love it even more now that there is someone I want to share it with, Clay. The quarterback of the football team, the smartest kid in school, everyone's best friend, my life-long crush.
I met Clay when I was 7 and he was 6. We became friends in elementary school but over time we grew apart a little bit. It's not like we weren't friends anymore, it's just different. I knew I felt something for Clay when I first met him, I just didn't know what it was. He gave me butterflies in the best way possible, with his contagious laugh, his bright smile, and his enchanting eyes.
I assumed that I just thought of him as a friend- that is, until I found out what being gay was. I'm definitely gay, and definitely in love with Clay. Now here I am, about to ask out one of my close friends for Valentine's Day.

There he is by his locker as always. It's now or never George. "Hey Clay can I talk to you for a second?" I was really nervous and hadn't really thought this through. "Yeah George, I actually wanted to ask you something. Let's go outside on the bench for a second." What does he want to ask me? Come on George it's not like he's going to ask you out, it's probably just about homework or something. "Okay" I try to sound calm even though I'm freaking out on the inside.
Clay's POV:
Oh god I hope he doesn't say no, or think I'm weird. I know he's gay but that doesn't mean he likes me. "You can go first, what did you need to ask me?" He snaps me out of my daze and I look up into those beautiful brown eyes. "W-Well you know how it's um Valentine's Day and all?" Pull yourself together Clay, that sounded so dumb. Of course he knows it's Valentine's Day, he probably has plans. "Mhm" George hums in agreement. "So I was thinking... Would you maybe want to do something with me later? If you aren't busy of course"

George's POV:

Omgomgomgomg did Clay just ask me out for Valentine's Day? Does he like me? Of course not George he probably meant as friends. Maybe I should ask him. "George?" Crap I better answer him, now he thinks I think it's a date. I'm just going to ask. "Do you mean- um like a d-date?" "Yeah, unless you don't want it to be...?" He sounds nervous, it's cute. "I'd love to go on a date with you Clay"

Clay's POV:
HE SAID YES!!! Omg I know the perfect thing. It's supposed to rain today :)

-----------------❤Time Skip❤-------------------

George's POV:

I watch in confusion as Clay pulls into the parking lot of a nearby park. "Clay it's raining, what are we doing here?" "You'll see" Clay smirks. I see him pull out a waterproof speaker. He connects his phone to the speaker and a familiar song starts to play.

All I am is man. I want the world in my hands.

Clay grabs me and starts to dance with me. How is this real? I'm dancing in the rain to Sweater Weather on Valentine's Day with the boy I'm in love with.

It's too cold for you here and now so let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater.

He leans down to kiss me and my heart melts "I love you Clay" he blushes "I love you too George."

I'm sorry guys I know Valentine's day was like two weeks ago but I just got the motivation for this today. Hope you guys enjoyed!
600 words