Chapter 21: Bliss

Trigger Warning!

I sat by the ocean for the entire night.

Thoughts running through my head,

They're afraid of me.

All I could picture in my mind was the happy moments, the laughs shared, being erased by the fear in their eyes.

Am I a monster?

Should they be afraid?

I looked down at my hands,

These hands cause nothing but destruction.

Maybe they should fear me...

My emotions got the best of me once again, a storm cloud formed over the entire beach. The sun was just beginning to peek over the horizon. I walked towards the water.

As soon as the cool morning water touched my toes, I closed my eyes. Feeling nothing besides the sand and water beneath my feet.

I took a few steps further into the water, my pants getting soaked, but I didn't care. At this very moment, my mind was filled with blissful silence, listening to the waves crash behind me.

This was the most at peace I had been in a while.

I kept walking deeper into the water, finally up to my stomach.

Bliss. Pure calming bliss.

I kept walking, the water rising to my neck.

I fell back and floated on my back. Staring up at the stormy clouds disappearing.

Bliss. Pure. Calming. Bliss.

I don't know when, but I let myself sink below the water. Completely submerged.

Bliss. Pure. Calming. Bliss.

I never want to leave this moment. Nothing else mattered at this moment.

I looked up through the water at the sun rising.

My field of vision got darker and darker like I was going into a dark tunnel.

But I didn't want to go back up to the surface for air, I continued to let my body sink to the ocean floor.

Just a few seconds before everything went black, I faintly heard

"y/n?"

Then silence,

Finally silence.

Bliss. Pure. Calming. Bliss.

I finally let go.

I am free.

Finally Free