Chapter 4: Surprises

As the elevator doors open, I see only a dark brutish Bucky hitting a punching bag. He looks up at me as I enter the gym, giving me a weak wave. I just give him a soft half-smile.

I walked over to some mats to do my stretches. The room was filled with some mirrors, every so often, Id catches Bucky looking at me in the mirrors. Causing him to look away as fast as he could to pretend he wasn't watching me.

After my stretches, I walked over to the punching bags. My Uncle said he got tired of having broken punching bags from when enhanced individuals used them. So he made separate ones for people with different abilities. They were a lot bigger, heavier, durable, and swung back a lot harder after being hit.

I walked over to the punching bags labeled 'Enhanced', as I did a few extra arm stretches, I see Bucky looking worries and speaking up "y/n, those ones are for enh--"

Before he finished his sentence, I kicked the bag, causing it to swing into the ceiling it was hanging from, a bit of debris came down with it. I caught the bag as it swung back down.

"You were saying?" I turned around to face Bucky.

"I...I... What? How did yo--...." He laughed at his realization. "Okay, y/n, fully of surprises."

I gave Bucky a smile and shook my head "There is a lot you don't know about me, Soldier..."

Bucky raised his eyebrow at that new nickname "Okay, let's see what you've got. Spare with me..."

"I thought you'd never ask..."

We moved to a matted area of the gym. "This should break your fall," I said to Bucky jokingly

He seemed to find my comment amusing "Alright doll, enough talk"

Bucky charged in my direction, I avoided his attack. Stepping out of his way before he made contact, turning around giving him a fake yawn to mock him. He smiled and charged me again.

I ran towards him, jumping, using his chest as a pushing off point with my right foot. Flipping me into a backflip, when I hit the ground, I swept Buckys feet out from under him, causing him to fall on his back.

Bucky tilted his head up at me, giving me an 'oh yeah? It's on..' type of look.

Bucky jumped to his feet. Throwing a jab in towards my face, I of course dodge it by grabbing his arm and flipping him to the ground. But to my surprise, Bucky reversed it before he hit the ground, dragging me down with him.

Bucky was now on top of me, pinning my hands above my head. Our faces inches apart. Both breathing heavily.

"Not bad doll"

"I was going easy on you Soldier, you are like 100 right?"

Bucky let out a laugh and rolled his eyes.

It just registered to me that Bucky was still on top of me, pinning my hands above my head. I could feel his hot breath on my face, causing me to turn a bright shade of red and I looked down at Buckys body on top of mine. He noticed, letting my hands go and getting up,

He cleared his throat, "Sorry"

He extended his metal arm to me to help me get up. I took it.

As Bucky pulled me to my feet, he pulled a bit too hard, causing our bodies to be pressed against each other when got up. Buckys face turned red and he back away a bit,

"Sorry, again. You're a lot lighter than I thought you'd be.... NOT THAT I THOUGHT YOU WERE HEAVY.... YOU HAVE A GREAT BODY.... NO... I mean... I uh."

I crossed my arms across my chest gesturing bucky to continue, sarcastically saying "oh, yup? Keep going, you're doing great." I smiled

Bucky brings his palm to his face and laughed.

"I meant, the way you fight and hit is so strong, but you're so tiny. I overestimated how hard to pull you up. You're different."

"Oh, you have no idea. This isn't even the half of it."

Bucky raised an eyebrow at me, still trying to catch his breath,

"Well, I guess you guys were going to find out eventually..."

Bucky gave me a questioning look.

I then proceeded to lift my hand, Buckys confused face remained until he realized both of our water bottles were floating towards us, surrounded by pink mist.

Buckys mouth opened in shock.

"So you can do what Wanda does?"

"Yes, but I can do other things too."

"So you are super strong, can move things with your mind, what else could you possibly do?"

"Well..."

I pointed at the water bottle in Buckys hands, freezing it. Bucky was shocked, he looked like he was about to say something, but before he could, I unfroze the water. And brought it to a boil. He looked at me speechless. I then pointed my finger above his head. As a thunder cloud formed above him. It was raining all over him, soaking him. I pointed at one of the punching bags, lighting struck it, causing it to explode.

Bucky was now soaking wet and covered in the insides of the punching bag.

I made the cloud disappear. Waving my hand, a high wind started on Bucky, drying him instantly.

All of the blood from Buckys face seemed to drain. I let out a small laugh.

Barley in a whisper, Bucky said "You're amazing"

This made me blush. "I can control the elements/weather," I said embarrassed.

"And no one knows?"

"Well my uncle knows... he just wanted to surprise the team or something."

I grabbed my stuff, and Bucky did the same. We talked as we got into the elevator.

We got off on the same floor.

Bucky turned to me "You live on this floor too?"

"Yeah. Seems like we are neighbors."

"Yeah, guess we are," Bucky said as his face grew red.

Bucky walked me to my door,

"Meet me in our floors living room in 20? We can talk more"

Buckys face lit up with surprise "Yeah, okay!"

I said goodbye to Bucky and went into my room.