Chapter 9. Is This Happening?

Draco was perched on the end of his bed. He sat listening to the silence, feeling that soon would be the perfect time to creep out into the halls.

He had changed into a plain white T-shirt, one which he felt hugged his arms and chest nicely, his fitted dark green hoodie with the silver snake sewn on the chest. He wore a pair of comfy black drawstring joggers, cuffed at the ankle, fitted to his perfect slender yet toned legs, comfortably hugging his body.

Was he putting too much thought into what he wore? was Harry going to appear in stripy pyjamas or his school robes? they hadn't said much back in the common room. Was he suppose to bring anything? his heart was pounding in his chest, nervous butterflies. He struggled to place why he felt this excited anxiousness. He'd met Harry alone before, more than once. So why was this such a thrill? it wasn't a date, not really, but after this kiss in the classroom, Draco's imagination was running wild.

He checked his silver watch, the one his mother had got him for his 16th birthday, the clock face said 01:12am

He had heard the last footsteps and closing doors roughly 20 minutes ago, and decided to creak open his door, peering out into the eerie silence of the dormitory hallway. He stepped out slowly, one foot at a time, all senses engaged. He made his way slowly across the hall, past each door, till he peaked his head around the corner where the common room sat empty, coal still glowing lazily in the fireplace, the smell of sweet pastry still lingered in the air. Deciding it was all clear, he walked carefully out through the centre of the room across the soft red Persian rug, passing the cosy five seater rounded sofa and beanbags feeling the warmth from the fire on his ankles before reaching the door, sliding through and hastily moving toward the expanse of stone wall at the end of the corridor.

Harry thought he had heard a slight rustle from outside his room so he hastily picked up his map and as he expected, saw Malfoys name travelling out into the castle.

Harry lifted his right arm to get a brief sniff of his underarm, though he had only showered an hour ago making sure to clean head to toe in his mango body wash, he felt clammy with nerves and needed to double check "all good" he nodded to himself, dropping his arm and swiping his baggy crimson jumper from his bed. Pulling it over his head clumsily, his nest of brunette hair bursting out of the neck hole in every direction. He paused in the mirror to assess the reflection.

Messy hair, glasses crooked from hastily forcing his head through his top. Resetting his glasses to sit comfortably he looked himself up and down, jumper baggy and visibly stretched from all those nights where he'd tucked his knees into it to get warm by the fire. Frayed sleeves which he'd chewed on every time his anxiety got bad in the previous years. Comfy grey joggers. 

Draco was always dressed so pristine and perfect, what on earth made him attracted to me? Harry thought. Was he meant to be dressed this casual? he turned and looked at his back in the mirror, smirking at how nice these joggers made his arse look "Draco would appreciate that" he smiled, casual it is.

He grabbed his cloak off the desk and tucked the map into his pocket before quietly edging out into the common room, tip toeing across the silent open space.

When Harry reached the final corner of the castle, he relaxed seeing Draco standing in front of the stone wall, foot tapping in anticipation, eyes darting across the corridor.

"Hey you!" Harry whispered making Draco jump and whisk around on his heel. He rolled his eyes once Harry lifted the cloak back from his head, the boy grinning at his little jump scare

"Couldn't have announced yourself a little sooner, Potter?!" Draco rasped still clutching his chest

"And miss that face? Never!" Harry chuckled "and it's Harry now by the way"

Draco's shock melted into a casual smile while Harry laughed, grabbing his hand and pulling him in through the cast iron door that had appeared on the wall. As Harry dragged him through the door, Draco did indeed take a quick glance at the back of Harry in his rather fitting joggers

"Wow" he mouthed silently to himself