I look up to Leo and immediately start to blush, when I woke up, he was beside me, really close and he said that I had nightmares and that's why he came in my bed. I hurried up because I was afraid that he could hear my heartbeat get louder and made an excuse to check on Brandon. Just thinking abou tit makes my cheek heat up even more 

Stop it, Mariah, you can't have a romance while your best friend needs you, I tell myself.

"they might be at the lowest level of the shopping mall" Brandon says. 

"there are a lot of stores in that level, we'll get attacked by z's if we all go down there" Leo says.

"not everybody will" Levi answers.

"are you suggesting that we go down while you hide" I snap at him with a raised eyebrow.

"chill devil, Xio and one of you stay up here, with a sniper, they will guard us as long as they can" he says. Leo looks annoyed when Levi called me 'devil'. Excuse me? Why the hell am I a devil? I just threatened to use his guts as decorations nothing much.

"and where are we supposed to get snipers from?" I ask annoyed.

Levi lifts a heavy black bag, on top of the table and opening the bag, revealing all kind of guns. Can we trust that kind of a man?

"Do you have your answer?" he looks at me, and I nod in response.

"let's go then" Brandon says. "Mariah, you are staying with Xio". What the fuck did he just say? no fucking way I am. "no I'm not; I'm coming with you to get Katie" I snap at him. Luna and him look at each other before Luna steps up "I'm sure she doesn't want to see me, I stay".

I owe Luna one.

We all are on our way down the escalator, of course it's not working, but we are using them as normal stairs. Xiomara stands at the railing with her Sniper gun. Luna is standing beside her, she also has a sniper gun, but we told her also to keep an eye around Xiomara just in case. We don't need her water to break right now.

I stand in behind with Leo, while Brandon and Levi stand in the front, I still can't look at Leo without blushing. He doesn't appear to be interested in looking at me anyways.

Maybe it doesn't mean anything to him, it won't surprise if that was the case.

We are at the bottom of the shopping mall. "are you ready?" Brandon asks while looking over his shoulder. And now the search begins, one after one store we will look out after. Or maybe not.

I look down the hall, and there I see the bright red ice axe, but without a Katie. "look" I say, running over to get the ice axe, she will thank me for getting it later.

Its been 1 hour and we are not even through half of these, I walk into a random clothing store and as soon as I do I spot at least three zombies.

One of them notice me but I already have my Tanto out and drive it through it's head. I spin around to my side with my gun in my hand and head shot a Zombie that was trying to attack me from my side, I hear a snarl before grabbing a small knife and throwing it into the third zombie's eye. I look at the small mess with a sigh. At least I got some anger out.

I meet up with the others and we arrive at a fisher store, this shop reminds me of my father.

"look daddy, I caught a fish" I say excitingly showing him the fish in the bucket, my dad, who's fishing line is out looks down at the fish with his dead eyes that I've grown accustomed to. 

"Why is it still alive?" He asks raising an eyebrow at me as if I've done something wrong. I look at the fish swimming happily in my small bucket. 

"Because he's my new pet!" I exclaim happily trying to lighten the mood, my father's face pulls up into a sneer, he's staring at me as if I'm the most disgusting thing ever. My dad grabs the bucket from me making me whimper loudly. 

"Growing attached is something you can never do, it'll be your weakness" He snarls at me while i simply stare at him as he hands me a knife, his eyes terrifying. 

"Now Kill it" 

Leo gets me back to reality by touching my arm, every touch of his fills my body with heat. We're entering the store, there doesn't seem to be anything to loot, or anybody. But then we hear a big crash in the back of the store, that gets all of our attention.

And I notice a red leather jacket on the ground together with a knife and gun. I point at it, and then it catches the attention of both Brandon and Leo. Brandon makes a hand movement to let us know that we will be storming the back of the shop.

We all have our guns out, ready to strike when we get the chance. Levi opens the door and there I see Katie, in the arms of a man that I can't quite see yet.

"Levi!" a girl says, running to him passing me. I couldn't care about her less as I glare at the arms of the guy holding Katie.

But Katie is still there, I can't see his face because of Katie. He moves Katie a little bit and now I see it, someone I never thought I would meet again. A killer. A killer who ruined my life.

"Dad?"

...................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 1629