Balance: Gathering

Start from the beginning

Dawn and Lev had gotten into a big fight after she caught him flirting with her best friend. Not anything serious, but it had drove Dawn over the edge, and she needed some space. 

Lyna was constantly with her stuck-up friends from her acting club in the San Francisco area. 

Carissa was with her husband, and they were waging war against a new kingdom that had suddenly risen in Ephedia. 

Talia, Chandler, Auriana, Dawn, Lev, and Lyna were still on Earth, along with me and Nathaniel. 

Carissa, however, was very busy controlling the kingdom after her mother, Queen Aloisa, had passed away 2 months ago. 

"We're here, Miss Iris!" Mr. Carpenter chirped. 

"Oh, thank you, Chris." I thanked him, as I stepped outside of the bus. He waved jovially, and shook his cap at me as a sign of respect. 

I grinned. The movie studio was falling behind on repairs, but it still looked majestical to me. The columns of the studio that held up the walls looked like it was taken out from Greek culture. I slung my bag around my shoulder, and checked in with the secretary. 

I entered the room, where the director smiled at me. 

"Iris!" he yelled across the room. I was embraced in a tight hug, and I nearly died. 

"Go change, we have the singing sequence to film." he ordered, as soon as he let me go. 

"Yeah, fine." I muttered, as he pointed stuff out to me. 

I entered the dressing room, and finally got into my costume, when Lev appeared next to me, clearly out of breath. 

"Iris, help, please." he pleaded, as I stared at him. His power amplifier was gone, and he looked weary. Dawn appeared next to him, panting as well. Her magical necklace that helped her transform was gone, and her amplified powers were decreasing, slowly sapping away her energy. 

"Lev, Dawn, slow down. What happened?" I started. 

"A man in a black cloak darted into my room, and avoided all my attacks. He stole my necklace of off my neck and it disappeared. When I asked who he was, he showed me the other half of Graymorr's mask." Dawn explained, still panting. 

"When I woke up, my power amplifier was gone, but the security cams showed a man in Graymorr's mask." Lev said. 

"Okay, wait, follow me." I ordered, as we darted out of the dressing room and the director noticed us. 

"Iris, do you have friends over?" he looked puzzled. 

"No, these are the makeup people," I rambled. 

"But the makeup station is that way." he called, pointing to the other side of the studio. I silently reprimanded myself for not thinking. 

"Nevermind," I called back, as we left, almost running into a back-up truck. I paid for Mr. Carpenter's off-day fee, and we rode to Nathaniel and I's apartment. 

"What are you doing here?" I hissed, as they sheepishly shrugged their shoulders. 

"You didn't come to the gathering, yet to come to me for help?" I whispered harshly, as they hung their heads in shame. 

I sighed in frustration. 

"Iris, slow down, remember, blood pressure." Dawn tried to calm me down. 

"Right, I know." I said, starting to slow my breaths. 

"Lev, tell him what we dreamt about." Dawn urged.