Chapter Twelve | Dating a Model

Beginne am Anfang

Through the lesson, she took notes making sure to write everything the professor said because she knew all too well the woman would not repeat herself. It was one of Holland's more challenging classes and in that sense she loved it.

What she didn't like about it was the fact it lasted for nearly two hours. Two hours of a lecture and reading. She was always thankful to be finished with it for the week.

Today was no different.

Once Holland got out of class she was running late for her lunch date with Venus.

Holland hadn't talked with her lately like she normally did before bed. Venus had been busy working a new shift at her one of her jobs and also working on a few new pieces of art.

Holland scrolled through the messages she had with Venus, to try and find out where she was meeting her at.

It didn't take that long to find the building and to find her at one of the tables. It was another sandwich place which Holland didn't really mind.

"About time, I was thinking my own sister forgot about me," Venus said dramatically.

"I could never, no matter how much I try," Holland joked.

Holland looked through the menu as Venus told her about how her new shift was much better than her last one.

About every few months they would switch the times she had to work and which location. There were two stores she worked at both of which were near her apartment building so it wasn't like she had to travel far for either job.

She much preferred the night shifts over the day ones, something about fewer people and the people she did see were always much nicer.

They ordered their food and caught up on each other's lives. Holland didn't mention the picture or note to her door, instead, she told Venus about her classes and how work was going.

"I'm also going to a fashion show tonight, like a proper one," Holland smiled.

Ember had tickets for some designer show and asked her if she wanted to go. Her dad got them every year because of his business apparently. It kinda made Holland wonder what exactly she did for a living yet again.

She never got the chance to ask Ember without it being weird on her part.

"What?! Fancy, how'd you get them?" Venus grinned.

Holland explained, still kinda in shock. She never was all that into fashion but going to a proper fashion show-one in New York-just was something out of her Tumblr dream.

Long after they finished up their food they were still talking.

"Okay you can't really get out of this but I'm going to ask to be nice you know. You and Ember and those hallmates of yours are coming over tomorrow night for a game night and whatever other shit people do."

Holland smiled.

"I'll let them know if they don't show up you'll be coming after them."

"Perfect," Venus smiled.

Once Holland was back at her dorm she finished up her assignments for the day before Ember got back. She said she would have a dress for the event tonight. It kinda made Holland giddy to see what it was.

Holland's phone rang as she was finishing up her draft for gross anatomy. She quickly answered it acting like it didn't just scare her. She made a mental note to put some sounds or something on while she worked.

"Hey mom," Holland spoke hesitantly. Her mother might have had a habit of butt-dialing people so she never knew if the woman meant to call her sometimes.