Chapter Two | She's Really Hot

The banging in Ember's head was enough to force her up and out of her comfy bed. The early sun making its first appearance for the day. She smiled at the dark sky slowly fading into orange-ish pink colors.

It had been the day she had been dreading, yet, she was somehow excited she would be going through with it. The thought of living somewhere else was kinda frightening to her. It was embarrassing to say how anxious it made her not to live in the same building as her dad.

She knew it wouldn't be as bad as she worked it up to be, it was just her anxiety trying to get to her. Ember knew that, but that didn't help with her problems.

She walked over to the kitchen, grabbing her favorite bat-wing mug, and filled it with hot water. Pushing aside her thoughts she turned some music on and got dressed while she waited for her tea.

Keeping it simple Ember threw on some dark jeans, a plain black hoodie, rainbow socks, and orange converse. She was feeling a bit lazy today and her confused mood didn't help her one bit.

She downed her breakfast and brushed out the messy green bedhead, which no didn't improve afterward.

As she was waiting for her dad to pick her up, she remembered the events of last night. How could she have been so dumb as to walk into someone's party because of a hot girl. She had no idea whose house it was and yet she walked in as if she were best friends with whoever was throwing the lame party.

To make matters worse the blonde she dragged upstairs with her was probably straight-it's usually what happened.

Thankfully someone intervened or Ember would have been feeling way worse at how easy she stopped thinking when she saw the blonde. She wasn't sure why her brain went out the metaphorical window when she saw someone attractive, yet at last, it did.

Either way, it was stupid and Ember wanted to stop thinking about how she acted.

She quickly ran around her apartment one last time, making sure everything was off, all the plants were watered, and that she had everything with her. Ember knew if she had to return within a month's time she wouldn't want to leave.

She had everything she would need organized and shoved into two suitcases. It was like a nightmarish kind of game packing everything.

With one last glance at the dark apartment and all of its comforts, she started to walk down to the garage on her own. It wasn't her favorite place to be, however, she kept reminding herself she wasn't going to be waiting in the eerie garage for long.

The closed space of the apartment garage was what Ember hated the most about it. It made her unable to breathe sometimes and all sweaty.

It wasn't her favorite place.

"Wait up!" The ruff voice echoed off the concrete walls.

Ember turned. 'Not when you're taking forever,' she signed to her dad. Ryan was never much of a morning person no matter how many mornings he had to be.

Ember put him through Hell when she was younger. Waking up before the sun was a true talent. However, neither of them were night owls. Ryan and Ember were the people who went to sleep religiously before eleven and it was still not enough sleep.

"I was not. I just lost track of time and had to run somewhere," he said, taking one of the suitcases in the process.

'Sure,' Ember smirked, knowing that wasn't the full story. 'But with who?'

He unlocked the door to his section of the garage, Ember was able to breathe just a little better as she walked into the open room.

"You know, you're almost as bad as Carmon," he said with a chuckle.