Chapter One | Sweet Candy

Start from the beginning

"No, it's perfect," Holland replied, truthfully.

Holland took a seat on the couch and looked around at all the art. Venus's phone then rang. Holland let Venus have her privacy and got up to watch out the window for a moment. Holland still couldn't believe she was actually there.

It was something she thought about for so many years. Something she only dreamt about going and here she finally was.

"I just talked to one of my friends from work and they said about this awesome party, we should go," Venus spoke with the kind of enthusiasm Holland wasn't used to. She was almost tempted to say yes but didn't.

Holland didn't like parties at all, however, her sister had her own life. There would be other days they could hang out together after all this was just Holland's first day of being there. Though she knew Venus would not just leave her like that.

"Come on, we can get dinner first then go to the party for an hour tops?" Venus added.

Holland looked into her cinnamon-brown eyes and sighed in defeat, she just couldn't bring herself to say no to her sister. "Fine, but I want Chinese."

Venus smiled ear to ear before running over for a hug. "Deal! We can watch a movie and devour some food, then leave here at eight." Venus more or less said to herself.

Venus walked over to the side of the fridge and got some menus pushing them into Holland's hands.

"Pick what you want and I will order it. Oh, this is going to be so much fun," she grinned.

It was nice to see Venus was happy to see her again. While Holland was on the plane she couldn't help but go over all the things that could have gone wrong, yet nothing did. Most of the thoughts were outrageously stupid yet thoughts about zombies taking over the world as the plane landed seemed totally plausible.

Everything was going better than she expected-even if she had to go to a party.

Looking at the menus it took no more than three minutes to figure out what all she wanted for dinner. She might have gotten a bit of everything.

"Well, the sweet Asian lady is now concerned for my health, thanks," Venus laughed and flopped down on the seat next to her.

"So what does Holl's want to watch?"

Holland looked through the movie collection which looked like someone had robbed blockbuster, that is if they were still around.

She picked through them and by the time she settled on a movie Venus was bringing over the food.

The lights in the apartment were something Holland would have seen on Tumblr under one of the many aesthetic hashtags she followed. There were a pair of colorful lights swirled with a pair of clear lights. It was like something they did back home around Christmas time.

They could never decide if they wanted to have the classic clear lights or the fun colorful ones, so they mixed them and got the best of both.

"What time do you have to be at the dorms tomorrow?" Venus questioned, mouth full of fried rice.

Holland held back a laugh. Her sister always seemed like a classy person so when she got to see Venus do stuff like talk with her mouth full of food it was like a foreign concept.

"It doesn't matter as long as I'm there by check-in that night. Though I would like to get there early, I don't want to be one of those people who rush around because they are late."

"Don't worry, you'll do fine. You have the co-ed dorms right?" Venus smirked.

"Wow, I know where your mind goes, but yes. The whole third floor is co-ed at least that's what it said online."

Her Lips My Touch ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara