chapter 16 ~ poisoned womb

Start from the beginning

"Who's married?" I asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Steve. To some teenage from Brazil" V smiled, handing me a bucket of chicken. I gladly took a piece, looking over at my frantic sister.

I didn't even know Steve was back in town, let alone married? I thought he was still hung up over who he called "the love of his life...."

"Is she hot?" I muttered, sinking my teeth into the food. From the look my sister gave me, I was going to take that as a yes. "What did Adam do?"

She sent me another glare which I guessing meant nothing good.

"Fi had sex with Steve in the bathroom so Adam left her there" V laughed through a mouthful of food. You could always count on my sister to choose the good ones.

"Why are you even home? Shouldn't you be at work?" My sister snapped obviously wanting to change the subject.

"Left early. Ian's being a dick" I shrugged. I looked towards the stairs to find Lip walking down them all nonchalantly.

My immediate response was to throw whatever was next to me at him, but I kind of regretted it once I realized it was a knife.

"What the fuck Cassie!?" He shouted, pulling the weapon out of the wood.

"You're lucky it missed" I mumbled just loud enough for him to hear.

Sure I was still mad at both of them, but Ian was my twin so I needed to have his back. It was like an unspoken rule the two of us had, even if he didn't deserve it sometimes.

He flipped me off before storming out the back door, stealing my chicken leg as he did.

"I'm about to stage an intervention for those two" I sighed tiredly. I mean seriously, I don't know how much more of it I could take.

"Oh before I forget" Fiona called stopping me in my tracks. "Sheila's throwing some party for Karen and Jody.....be there"

I rolled my eyes before running up the stairs, this day could not get any suckier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I approached the Jackson house with a toaster in one hand and a bottle of Scotch in the other. To be honest I wasn't exactly sure what I was supposed to bring to something like this.

"For the happy couple" I fakely smiled, handing the gifts over to Jody. I eyed Ian in the corner of the room so I bee-lined over to him. "Someone needs to give that man fashion advice" I joked.

Jody was currently wearing some hipster tuxedo shirt which was definitely the opposite of the party's vibe.

"Seriously? You're giving me the silent treatment now too?" I snapped, pulling the beer from his hands.

He just shrugged as I noticed Steve and some girl walk into the party. Okay, so his wife was definitely really hot.

I took a sip of the drink, eyeing Steve the entire time. He seriously had some nerve showing up here?