Bonus Chapter ~ Or Something

Start from the beginning

“They respect me.” Kelsey responded, tautly.

“I bet they do. They know how I get when you come to me upset.” He grinned.

Kelsey couldn’t help but smile. “I still can't believe you did that.” She told him, recalling the time that he’d randomly appeared at one of her classes and announced to her students that he was Kelsey’s boyfriend before flashing his federal agent badge in front of their faces. Kelsey had been mortified after, but now, it was pretty funny. Also, Kelsey loved it whenever Alex did something spontaneous. It was so unlike him and he’d do something for her. What wasn’t there to like?

“I was staking my claim.” He declared.

She rolled her eyes. “You just wanted to freak them out, and it worked.”

Alex laughed, before a serious expression appeared on his face. “I’ve got to tell you something,” He said.

Sensing the change in the mood, Kelsey also straightened up. “Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, everything’s fine. I just wanted to ask you something.” He said, nervousness appearing on his face. “It’s kind of confidential.”

“What is it?”

“I have really good aim, right?” He asked.

Kelsey raised an eyebrow before hitting his arm. “I thought you were being serious.”

“I am. I am.” He said, raising his hands up in surrender. “It’s completely serious. A completely serious question. Just answer it. Boost my ego a little.” He insisted.

“Yes, you have good aim.” She said, giving in with a pout.

“Okay.” He said. “Come here.”

He led her to one of the windows. Looking through, she noticed that there was already a paper strung up on the other end of the room. “You’ll shoot?”

“Yes.” He said, handing her earmuffs. She took them, but hesitated before putting them on.

“Are you trying to show off?”

“I’m going to shoot and I’m going to make it in the middle of the last circle.” He said. Kelsey looked at the paper, and she noticed that this one was slightly more advanced than Kelsey’s was. She couldn’t even see the littlest circle. From where she stood, it all just looked like a big black dot. “If I make it, you’ll know what my question is.”

Kelsey grinned, liking the idea. She put the earmuffs on. Then, she put on the safety glasses and watched as Alex did the same. He raised his gun, aiming it, before shooting. He set it down and Kelsey quickly looked to see if he’d made it.

As the paper approached them, Kelsey noticed that he had indeed made it inside the littlest circle in the middle of the paper. “Good job.” She praised him. “Now, what do you want to ask me?” She asked, facing him.

He put his hands on her shoulder, before turning her towards the paper again. For a second she was confused before she took a closer look and noticed that the last circle in the middle wasn’t really a circle.

Shocked, she turned to face Alex. He was smiling at her, but there was an anxious hint to it. “It’s just a little question.” He said. “So, what do you say? Are you interested in being Mrs. Diaz?”

Kelsey didn’t need to think about it. She didn’t even need to answer. Instead, she’d jumped into Alex’s arms, firmly planting her lips on his.

She grinned at the memory. That was so long ago. Almost four years. Then, they’d gotten married and hit the third landmark in their relationship. Now, they were ready for the fourth. She was ready, but she didn’t know if Alex was.

Today was the day, though, that she’d find out.

When she heard the click of the door, she almost jumped out of her chair. Her heart began beating more erratically than before and it seemed that her feet just couldn’t stay in place. Her palms were clutching the counter and they were clammy. She tried rubbing her hands together to get rid of the wetness, but it didn’t work. She was freaking out.

She quickly turned around, trying to focus on the papers in front of her. Alex appeared in the kitchen a moment later. He sat down on the chair beside her and leaned over to give her a kiss on her cheek. “Busy?”

She turned to him, smiling. “Not really?”

“No?” He asked. “You don’t have a hundred exams to grade?”

“I do.” She responded. “But not today. No tests were given today in any of my classes. In fact, they all got cancelled.”

“Why?” Alex cocked his head to the side.

“I, uh, I didn’t feel good.” She told him, loving it when his eyes grew concerned. Whenever Alex got him from work, he was always exhausted. So was she, usually. Not today. But they always made a point to talk to each other.

“What happened?”

“I went to the doctor.” She said, her eyes growing teary. She couldn’t help it. She felt so much. Anxiety. Joy. Fear. Anticipation. Excitement. And love. Lots of it.

“What did they say?” He asked, gently holding her shoulders. Kelsey bit her lip.

“I’m…” Her voice trailed off. “He said…There’s a…an abnormal growth in my abdomen.”

Alex’s eyes grew wide. “What do you mean? Are you okay?” His eyebrows furrowed. “Do you have, like, a tumor or something in there?”

“Or something.” She squeaked out.

“Kelsey…” His voice was threatening.

“I might…I do, actually, have a baby in here.” She finally managed to say, keep her eyes glued on Alex the whole time.

His hands fell from her shoulder and his eyes grew so wide, she worried they might fall out, but she gave him enough time to digest the information. She knew she’d needed it. Finally, after an eternity, he spoke again.

“You’re pregnant?” He asked. Kelsey quickly nodded, blushing a little when his eyes fell down to her stomach.

“You’re going to be a dad.” She said.

Alex’s eyes flew up to hers and she found herself wrapped in the most intense kiss she’d ever gotten from him. When he pulled away, they were both breathing deeply. “I love you.” He said. “I love you both.”

I hope you haven't forgotten about these two!! If you have, here's a little friendly reminder.

They're so freaking sweet!! I love them!!

This chapter takes place before the epilogue, since Lana hasn't been born yet.

Enjoy!!

Mitzi