01 Work

*Beep Beep Beep*

I groaned at the sound I hated the most. My alarm clock. I rolled over to turn it off when I noticed the time. I hate mornings!  

‘Sh*t’ The clock read 10:45am, I was due at the MTV studios in less than 15 minutes for a meeting with my new manager.   

I leapt out of bed and stumbled off to my bathroom. I did my best to flatten my hair as I had no time to take a shower, brushed my teeth, applied some basic makeup and chucked on a white shirt and a black pencil skirt. I left the house with 5 minutes to get to the studio.   

11:02am, 2 minutes late, not too bad I thought as I ran up the stairs to check in for my meeting. There was a slightly plump, brown haired, older lady sitting behind the reception desk.  

‘Good Morning. How can I help?’ She asked looking me up and down.  

‘Hi, erm, my names Alexia Taylor, I’ve been called in to see Mr Richardson.’  

‘Ahh Miss Taylor, please take a seat and I‘ll let James know you‘re hear to see him‘ I nodded as I made my way over to the chairs and sat down with an MTV magazine trying to act like I wasn’t nervous. This was the first time I was meeting with my manager directly so I didn’t really know what to expect.  

I wasn‘t waiting more than 5 minutes when "Miss Taylor, James will see you now, if you'd just like to make your way down the hall, you'll see his office on the right" The receptionist pointed down the hall way.  

"Thanks" I nodded making my way down the rather large brightly coloured hallway.  

*Knock, Knock*  

A male voice replied to the knock on the door "Come in" I opened the door to a large minimal office, the walls were plain bar the photos from other shows my manager was involved in. "Please take a seat Miss Taylor" James was a tall balding man, in his late 40’s, he wore a brightly coloured shirt and jeans. He stuck out his hand for me to shake, which I did.  

"Please call me Alex"  

"Ok Alex, I hope your well today and ready for your first job. I’m sorry we’ve not had a chance to meet previously”  

"That’s quite ok, and I really am I can’t wait to start work" I replied, brushing my long black hair out of my face.  

"Good, now we have a challenging one for you to start with I’m afraid. The show has gone through many First Aiders, not to put you off at all"  

"well as I said during my interview for the position I’m always up for a challenge"  

"well that’s good. For this job you will be required to stay on site during the filming, or go where ever the show decides to go. I have scheduled you down for one season but if it comes to it, you may be required to stay longer. Okay?"  

"Yeah, I cant wait. When would I be required to leave?"  

"That's the thing. The show starts filming tomorrow so we require you to go today if that’s not a problem” he said looking at me to see what my response would be.  

"Sure, just tell me where I need to go" I smiled.  

I spent the next 20 minutess with James as he was explaining where I was going and explaining that most things I require will be provided actually at the site so I didn’t need to worry about packing too much. The show I was going to be working on was called Viva La Bam. All I knew was that the star was previously in Jackass and he was a professional skateboarder.   

"Thanks James" I said shaking his hand for a final time, before turning to leave the office.  

"Oh Alex any problems please give me a call, and most importantly have fun" He winked.  

With that I left and headed back to my small apartment to start packing a few essential things. It was now 12:50 pm I planned to leave at 1pm, The sooner I got their the sooner  I could attempted to get settled before the start of filming.  

It was only a 2 hour drive to West Chester, it would have been better if my ipod hadn’t decided to stop working half way their.  

I pulled onto a long driveway and headed down towards a house, and pulled to a stop outside the front.   

“Well this looks like the place” I climbed out of my car and knocked on the large ‘heart gram’ front door.  

******************************************************************************************  

A scruffy looking haired man opened the door, he had shaggy ginger hair under a beanie and a bushy ginger beard "Yeah? can I help you?" he asked.  

"Hi, erm, I'm Alexia Taylor. The new first aider for Viva La Bam"  

"Oh yeah James called and said you'd be over at some point today. Come in. I’m Ryan by the way" he said leading me into the house.  

"Call me Alex or Ally,” I smiled.  

The house was so much bigger than I had expected from viewing the outside. I had to admire the colour on the walls and the style, it was very Gothic.  

"Yo! Bam, the new first aid girl is here" Ryan shouted down a flight of stairs. "Just take a seat he should be up here in a minute. Oh and just to warn you, the house isn't normally this quiet, its a day off from filming so most of the guys have decided to go to a bar for the day"  

"How many are there all together then?"  

"well there's Bam, me, Rabb, Novak, Dico, Rake, Ape and Phil there Bams parents, Glomb, Bams uncle Vito, and most days random other people"  

"Alright" I jumped slightly as I looked behind me to see who had spoken. There was a dark haired guy, with dark facial hair and ice blue eyes looking back at me.   

"Oh hey, I’m Alexia Taylor, but please call me Alex or Ally. I’m the new first aider for the show" I said getting up off the couch and walking towards the man than had just entered.  

"I'm Bam.” He shook my hand. “So, Ally, did James warn you about us?"  

"All he said was your a bit of a crazy bunch, that was about it, he defiantly didn’t tell me how many people there were gonna be here"  

"Have you seen any of the show or anything?" Ryan asked.   

"If I’m completely honest, no, no haven’t.”  

"Then Welcome to Hell" Bam said throwing his hands up in the air laughing as he walked back down the stairs.  

After a quick tour of the house and grounds Ryan showed me to the room I’d be staying in.   

“Unfortunately you will be sharing a room, with myself. I’m not as bad as some of the guys here so your safe"  

"That’s ok Ry I’m sure you'll be fine. If not I’ll kick your ass" we both laughed I decided to chuck my bag on the bed and headed off downstairs to find Bam who was sitting at the pirate bar with a bottle of beer.  

"Hey Bam, Nice house dude"  

"yeah it's not bad,” he took another swig of his beer “Listen I’m sorry for you having to share a room with Dunn, but he's one of the guys I trust the most. He'll look after you"  

"It‘s cool, no worries about that.” Bam offered me a beer as I took a seat next to him at the bar. “so all ready for shooting?"  

"Oh yeah, tomorrow, we're going for a boat ride down the brandywine river,” He grinned wildly.  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -   

FFW a few hours  

The rest of the crew have since arrived home, I've been introduced to each of them, and warned about Novak, who was now upstairs with some girl he hooked up with at the bar.  

We were all gathered around in the pirate bar drinking beer, and getting to know each other better before filming started in the morning.  

Thankfully nothing crazy happened on my first day. I went to bed about 11pm as it was a 5 am start tomorrow.