Chapter 49

N/A: sorry for the long wait

--

Miyoung was dressed in a very beautiful dark gown. It was flawlessly falling to her feet and gracefully flapping around as she walk. Her hair pushed back away from her face, she tighten her grip on her bow, her eyes piercing through the man who stood shamelessly in front of her in the throne room. The man was a few years older.

"How could you do this to me...," Miyoung said, not believing the sight that was offered to her.  "I trusted you... my father trusted you... you were his closest advicer... his best friend...,"

"If we want something, we should be ready to do everything to obtain it. We should be ready to do every sacrifice," the man said darkly.

"And was it worth it?" Miyoung asked. "Killing the man you grew up with? The man you considered as a brother? The father of your goddaughter?"

"You don't understand what is it to be nobody!" He shouted. "You are a royal! Everything will be given to you!"

"You're wrong," Miyoung shook her head. "You were someone to me. You were my hero... And I understand you more than you think...,"

The man chuckled.

"How?"

"I may be a royal," Miyoung continued. "But I am a woman. 'Princess' is just a title, it doesn't mean anything. I am destined to only be displayed as the beautiful daughter of the King. I am woman. My voice doesn't weight anything here. I have to shout to be heard. And even then, I am not listened to. I am destined to marry some prince I don't even know the existance without the possibility to protest. I am just a doll, a mean to obtain more power. A trophy. All my life, I aspired to do something more for my kingdom. But I am no man. So I cannot. All my life, I wanted to be someone. Someone more than just the useless Princess of the kingdom,"

"Then you understand why I did what I did!" The man said. "The desire to finally be-"

"You killed my father! You killed the King!" Miyoung shouted.

"This was necessary!"

"There was so many other options...," Miyoung breathed. "Give up on your evil scheme. Now! You won't come out of the castle alive. The throne room will soon be raid by guards. You stand no chance,"

"I will have the throne," the man said. Miyoung looked at him for a few seconds before she raised her bow and aimed at him. "You would kill me?"

"For my Kingdom? With no hesitation," Miyoung said. "You betrayed the King. You betrayed your own nation. Acts of treason are sentenced by death,"

"You wouldn't,"

"You said it yourself. If we want something, we should be ready to do everything to obtain it," Miyoung said. "And I want to protect my kingdom more than anything else,"

"And avenge your father," the man added with a dark chuckled.

"And avenge my father," Miyoung agreed.

"Then we're not so different, you and I,"

"I guess we are not," Miyoung said and shot the arrow straight to his heart.

The guards arrived just after this. They first rushed to protect the Princess but soon understand what happened. The Princess was praised for her act of bravour which earned her more respect from the knights and the court. Days after that, the kingdom was slowly starting to move on. The Princess was designed to rule the Kingdom as regent, waiting for her younger brother to come to age to become King.