Chapter 26

•••

•••

Miyoung stared at Suho as the elevator opened again. She thought she was dreaming, that her mind was playing tricks, that she was hallucinanting. But Lee Suho was indeed there, standing in front of Seojun and her. He was there, dressed in jeans ans a red jacket, looking blankly at the two friends. Miyoung stared at him, surprised to see him there. Why was he there?

"Let's go," Suho just said.

He grabbed Miyoung's wrist and dragged her out of the elevator. Too surprised to react, Miyoung just followed. But Seojun was quick to react and stopped them by seizing Miyoung's other wrist.

"What are you getting off when it's not the first floor?" He asked, already knowing the answer, as he stared at Suho.

"Guys, no need to-" but Miyoung didn't have the time to finish her sentence as the elevator doors started closing.

Neither of Seojun nor Suho seemed to be wanting to let go of her. So she just closed her eyes, waiting for something to block the doors before it crushed her.

Suho reacted quickly and frenetically pressed the elevator down button. The doors slid opened again and Miyoung released a sigh she didn't know she was holding.

"Come on, let's go," Suho said again ad he tugged Miyoung towards him. In response, Seojun tugged Miyoung towards him too. Miyoung was starting to get annoyed to be pulled in every direction.

"You're being a nuisance," Seojun voiced his annoyance.

Then, the elevator doors slid closed opened. But this time, it didn't open again even though Suho pressed the down button. Miyoung moved smoothly inside the elevator closely followed by Suho.

Now Seojun, Miyoung and Suho were in the same closed space. What a great moment.

Miyoung could feel the tension sharply rising and the atmosphere thickening in a second. The two boys were staring, glaring daggers to each other. If a gaze could kill, then both Suho and Seojun would be six feet under the ground by now.

Suddenly, the elevator shook then stopped. Miyoung anxiously looked around. No... it couldn't be...

"No... don't tell me the elevator is stuck..," Miyoung muttered anxiously to herself. As if being stuck in the middle of a starting contest wasn't enough, Miyoung had to be stuck with them, two beings who hates each other deeply, for an undetermined time. And neither of them seemed to be wanting to let go of her wrist. Because, yes, Seojun and Suho were still holding her wrists. Miyoung would not handle this.

Miyoung closed her eyes.

"Why don't you let go already?" Suho asked Seojun as the staring contest began again.

Miyoung inhale.

"You let go first," Seojun only said.

Miyoung exhale.