Chapter 9

•••

•••

Suho grabbed Seojun by the collar, shocking everyone. The atmosphere was thick and palpable, filled with tension. Miyoung was watching them nervously and worriedly, fearing that the situation would get out of hand. She hoped it wouldn't end up in a fight, but she knew she was wrong when she saw Seojun sighing and glancing on the right.

"Seojun, no!" Miyoung exclaimed, bolting up from her chair, catching the attention of everyone.

But as she talked, Seojun's fist collided against Suho's cheek. Every student gasped, shocked, as Suho fell. Miyoung stood frozen, still shocked by what happened. A horrible old memory from her childhood flashed into her mind. But she shook it off quickly when she saw Suho slowly looking up at Seojun. The next second, he was upon his feet, grabbing Seojun by the collar once again, making the students gasped. Suho raised hi fist ready to hit but he stopped as if he was hesitating.

"Hit me," Seojun provoked. "Go ahead and hit me,"

Suho was about hit him but stopped again. Miyoung couldn't bear to watch her two friends fight. She hated violence. She didn't want to see them fight. So, despite the shock and surprise, she stepped between the two of them.

"Stop it, you two!" she exclaimed, holding up each of her hand in front of each of them, glancing back and forth between the two boys. The others were surprised to see her stepping in. They wondered how it would end up now.

"Miyoung-ah," both Sua and Jukyung called, fearing that something could happen to their friends. But Miyoung knew none of them would hurt her. That was why she decided to intervene.

"Suho," Miyoung insisted, putting her on her torso and pushing him slightly. He let go of Seojun who tsk-ed and lowered his fist but didn't look away. They kept glaring at each other.

"Yah!" a teacher shouted. Everyone sat down and started eating again, minus Suho, Miyoung and Seojun. "What do you think you are doing?"

No one answered. The two boys were just busy glaring daggers at each other.

"You two, come with me!" the teacher shouted. It took a short moment for Suho and Seojun to finally move and follow the teacher to the staff room. Miyoung watched them leaving. She heavily sighed. It won't be easy for them to become friends again.

Was there even hope? she thought.

Miyoung sat down but lost her appetite.

~~

Miyoung was sat, head in arms on her desk, as she was crowded with her classmates. Even some students from other classes were crowded the two entrances of the classroom and the windows. As expected, the news of the fight between Suho and Seojun spread like wildfire. There was already a rumour saying they were fighting over her. But Miyoung wasn't quite sure about that. Only Suho and Seojun were missing. They were still at the staff room, surely getting scolded. Sujin had disappeared too to be God knows where.